Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    Ronnie Moore has mentioned there will be more anglers cut than brought in next year.

Pretty sure on bass talk live they’ve mentioned 20 some getting cut, but I could wrong.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lund1625 View Post
    From all I've read and heard on BTL and other sources, my understanding is this:
    * The Elites started 2021 with 100 and will be at 100 for 2022.
    * 95 Anglers will fish the final event this week.
    * This season 2 have dropped out and given up their eligibility for next year: Tyler Carriere and Brett Pruett
    * This season 3 have been granted medical exemptions and can return when healthy: Rick Morris, Clent Davis, and Gary Clouse
    * 2021 rookies and 3 legends are exempt (legends are Clunn, Fritts, & Yelas)
    * For 2022, 12 open anglers will offered Elite qualification.
    * So it all 95 current elect to return, and the 3 medical exemptions return, and all 12 open anglers accept, that puts the total at 110. So 10 have to go.
    * Based on the 2 year rolling average in AOY points, these are the 10 cuts: Kyle Monti, Kelly Jaye, Dale Hightower, Robbie Latusco, Harvey Horne, Shane Lineberger, Rob Digh, Quentin Cappo, Cody Hollen, Garrett Paquette
    * Some may save their careers with a good finish this week. Others in jeopardy are: Bill Weidler and Chris Groh
    Good wrap-up of where things stand. None of the guys who are on the cut-line have accomplished much of anything. I'm sure they are nice people and good fishermen, but the industry can only support so many guys.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lund1625 View Post
    From all I've read and heard on BTL and other sources, my understanding is this:
    * The Elites started 2021 with 100 and will be at 100 for 2022.
    * 95 Anglers will fish the final event this week.
    * This season 2 have dropped out and given up their eligibility for next year: Tyler Carriere and Brett Pruett
    * This season 3 have been granted medical exemptions and can return when healthy: Rick Morris, Clent Davis, and Gary Clouse
    * 2021 rookies and 3 legends are exempt (legends are Clunn, Fritts, & Yelas)
    * For 2022, 12 open anglers will offered Elite qualification.
    * So it all 95 current elect to return, and the 3 medical exemptions return, and all 12 open anglers accept, that puts the total at 110. So 10 have to go.
    * Based on the 2 year rolling average in AOY points, these are the 10 cuts: Kyle Monti, Kelly Jaye, Dale Hightower, Robbie Latusco, Harvey Horne, Shane Lineberger, Rob Digh, Quentin Cappo, Cody Hollen, Garrett Paquette
    * Some may save their careers with a good finish this week. Others in jeopardy are: Bill Weidler and Chris Groh
    Kelly Jaye dropped out during or after Eufaula last year but it wasn’t a medical hardship like others have taken. Not sure how they will look at that when looking at averages.

Palatka, Fl (Go east till you smell it then turn south)
    You heard it here first! They will not cut anyone that has $50k for entry fees!
    Bass caught YTD: 62 Largest Bass YTD: 7.25

http://www.facebook.com/pages/...=wall

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    That would be my guess as well. Not an easy chunk of change for a lot of guys to commit to.

Looks like Schultz is gonna try and save his carreer. Showing 21-6 on basstrak
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Great wrap up but you might have overlooked that Morris has said he will not return in 2022 if ever. Also no mention of college champ getting invite.
    College champ gets opens paid for and a classic spot...Nation winner gets a spot on the elites. Schlapper double qualified from nation and opens
    Fish have fins, they swim

50 would be perfect.
    With every new league, skill level diminishes. You have 100+(ballpark) in B.A.S.S. + 80 in MLF. Between the two leagues, you might, MIGHT, have 50/60 top seed guys.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    If that were the case,they wouldn’t be any need for the new National Fishing League or whatever the name is,they’d all be in the Elites........the line would be a mile long for the guys that could pay the entry fees without qualifying.Getting through the Opens is the bottle neck,just ask Latimer.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmreb View Post
    If that were the case,they wouldn’t be any need for the new National Fishing League or whatever the name is,they’d all be in the Elites........the line would be a mile long for the guys that could pay the entry fees without qualifying.Getting through the Opens is the bottle neck,just ask Latimer.
    He did say cut...not extend an open invite to anyone.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by savoir faire View Post
    50 would be perfect.
    With every new league, skill level diminishes. You have 100+(ballpark) in B.A.S.S. + 80 in MLF. Between the two leagues, you might, MIGHT, have 50/60 top seed guys.
    I understand why there is so many “top tier” leagues now, but it would be nice to have a true elite series. It would interesting to see Soukup competing in bass, I imagine he would do very well.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234