Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Some of my fishing buddies didn't like hearing about me retiring my boat. And my wife flat out didn't agree with it either. She's a nurse practitioner and knows my health issues pretty well. She says I have at least a couple more years in me. Probably worried I be sitting around the house getting under her feet and complaining about not having a boat any more. lol

She suggested I get physical therapy at the hospital and focus on strengthening my legs and improving balance. A friend suggested I should buy a folding seat for the front and fish while seated instead of standing and leaning on a butt seat. Wife suggested adding a ladder to my trailer to make access in and out easier. Another friend agreed to let me borrow a folding seat from his boat. I'll give that a try and see.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Some of my fishing buddies didn't like hearing about me retiring my boat. And my wife flat out didn't agree with it either. She's a nurse practitioner and knows my health issues pretty well. She says I have at least a couple more years in me. Probably worried I be sitting around the house getting under her feet and complaining about not having a boat any more. lol

She suggested I get physical therapy at the hospital and focus on strengthening my legs and improving balance. A friend suggested I should buy a folding seat for the front and fish while seated instead of standing and leaning on a butt seat. Wife suggested adding a ladder to my trailer to make access in and out easier. Another friend agreed to let me borrow a folding seat from his boat. I'll give that a try and see.
    I’m glad to hear that Jim! I will tell you this, getting the steps for getting in and out is a HUGE must! I am only 53 and will never be without a Trick Step again! I hope the therapy helps and you can stay on the water!
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Wow, does my wife know your wife........

Glad to hear you're staying in the saddle.

5. Member
    Congrats on keeping it. I’m glad your wife found a solution that keeps you on the water.

6. Member

Good for you Jim! You have a beautiful boat that I'm sure you love. Sounds like you have a very supportive wife and friends which is awesome. Take it at your own pace and keep that Ranger wet!
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12