Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

2021 SKEETER FXR21 PROP RESULTS

2021 Skeeter FXR21 Yamaha 250 SHO Atlas Hyd JackPlate 12" Single Console Dual 8ft Poles. 31AGM Batteries.
    Condition's for all test runs: 387' Elevation, 100 Degrees out calm water, 1 Person, full tackle, empty livewells, half tank of fuel.
    *Yamaha T2 25P 66mph @5900rpm JP 13-14 on Gauge
    Poor Lift and Holeshot, boat had a very dead feel.

*Yamaha T1 25P with Shaved Blades Non Vented 68mph @6200rpm JP 13-14 on Gauge
    Good Holeshot and spun up in the mid range very fast lift was decent.

*Yamaha T1 27P Vented and minor work to prop. 69.7mph @6200rpm JP 15-17 on Gauge
    Same holeshot as the 25P but blew out a little when rolling over. Better lift.

*Fury 3 Blade 25P with all medium or 2 med and 1 solid PVS Plugs 72mph @5850rpm JP 14-15 on Gauge
    Good Holeshot and lift paired with pretty good handling overall was a good run.

*Tempest 25P stock prop w/ small pvs plugs (solid plugs will be better option) 74.1mph @ 6150rpms JP 15-17 on Gauge
    Awesome Holeshot (10 on gauge), the mid range pull was great and the lift was on point. Started to do the Skeeter Nose Circle which couldnt get it to do before like past Skeeters. There was a small window between 5700rpms and 6100rpms where the last bit of trim made a big difference. Max trim cavitated and lost speed. The Tempest is the way to go. There is still a little more room for improvement maybe with a worked 25P or a 26P Tempest worked down to a 25P.
    Last edited by bentzboatwhisperer; 12-04-2021 at 11:14 AM.

2. Member
    That’s some good info! And huge differences in performance…

Do you think there’d be similar results with a ZXR 20? I’m looking to order a spare prop (stock one is a T2 25) I’m getting 73mph now

3. Member
    tempest or tempest plus

4. Member
    I've had the opposite results on the ZXR/FXR hulls where I've run multiple different props, but The 25t2 hits 75-76 every time at the rev limiter with just me and tournament gear, 73-74 with partner and gear. Similar conditions. This however has been on 20's

5. Member
    I'm running the stock Yamaha prop on my 2021 ZXR 21. Runs 74 mph with just me in it. 70 mph with two people.

6. Banned
    The FXR20 will respond different but we have seen a 25Fury 3 blade do well on the 20ft. Some people are getting good numbers from the stock prop and others arent. The 2020 FXR seemed to be more friendly to the T2 as for 2021 they made some minor adjustments to the hull and used the 2020 FXR hull as the ZXR Hull. Tempest Plus 25P seemed to work great on this specific 2021 FXR21.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thefourthwolp View Post
    The FXR20 will respond different but we have seen a 25Fury 3 blade do well on the 20ft. Some people are getting good numbers from the stock prop and others arent. The 2020 FXR seemed to be more friendly to the T2 as for 2021 they made some minor adjustments to the hull and used the 2020 FXR hull as the ZXR Hull. Tempest Plus 25P seemed to work great on this specific 2021 FXR21.
    That is good to know. I may have to pick one up in the future to try out. Fastest I was able to go so far with my wife, me, and my lab (half tank of fuel and empty livewell) is 70.4 MPH on the stock T2 @ around 6,100 RPM.

For some reason, my 2021 FXR21 does not like running the jackplate high. Anything higher than 13, my boat loses pressure and my overheat signal comes on.

8. Member
    That's pretty good for 2 1/2 people and half tank of gas. I wouldn't be upset at that at all.

9. Member
    On the tempest did you plug all the holes?

10. Member
    Do you think altitude has something to do with your speed on the stock prop? We are running 72 with the stock prop and jack set at 10 or 11 here on the Potomac River with full load and two people and 71 on land locked lakes (important info to add due to tidal rivers +/- mph).

11. Member
    Another key consideration are the air temperature and humidity.

I have a new 2021 Skeeter FXR21LE and the boat is not getting anywhere near your speeds with the stock propeller. I now have 2 hours on my SHO so I was able to open her up this morning for short periods and only got 65.2 mph at 84 degree F on a humid morning. This was with half a tank of gas, tournament load, without filling the livewells and two guys. The RPMs were just under 5600.

My dealer is ordering me shims because the porpoising is pretty bad at speeds less than ~45 mph. It is supposed to be hit or miss. Hopefully that will correct the issue. Also, trying the a run with the livewells full was not very good at all. The boat was porpoising big time. Note, this is not my driving. This is my 5th bass boat and trimming all the way down doesn't correct the issue.

Any advise fellow Skeeter FXR owners?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggiebassman View Post

I have a new 2021 Skeeter FXR21LE and the boat is not getting anywhere near your speeds with the stock propeller. I now have 2 hours on my SHO so I was able to open her up this morning for short periods and only got 65.2 mph at 84 degree F on a humid morning. This was with half a tank of gas, tournament load, without filling the livewells and two guys. The RPMs were just under 5600.

My dealer is ordering me shims because the porpoising is pretty bad at speeds less than ~45 mph. It is supposed to be hit or miss. Hopefully that will correct the issue. Also, trying the a run with the livewells full was not very good at all. The boat was porpoising big time. Note, this is not my driving. This is my 5th bass boat and trimming all the way down doesn't correct the issue.

My 2021 FXR 20 Apex dual console runs similar to yours except mine like the trim (80% plus) and plate (16 - 18) high. 5700 RPMS is the best i have been able to get. Speed will hit 69 some days.

13. Member
    I had the same issue as you, they put shims on mine 2 weeks ago. It has helped but not sure if it is 100%, but to be fair I have not had the opportunity to really try it out to much. The one time I was able to run it with the shims it was choppy, it did porpoise some but could not tell to much with the chop on the water. I still want to try different props and see what happens.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggiebassman View Post

Do you have a manual or hydraulic jackplate? I have a hydraulic jackplate and like to start around 8-10 on the gauge with trim all the way down. Any trimming at the start of takeoff tends to make the boat want to propoise (and will not stop until you slow down to an almost complete stop). Once I got used to trimming all the way down to begin and jackplate set at the correct height (8-10), I've never really have the propoising issue anymore. I have a 2021 FXR21 by the way.

As for your speed, you should be hitting around 6,000 RPM easily. What are your settings (jackplate, trimming, etc.) when running WOT?

15. Member
    To he guys that are not getting 6k rpms, first thing you should check is that you are getting full throttle. I have found a lot of dealers are not checking this before they send the boat out. Take cover off and have someone mash the throttle. On the driver side you will see the throttle body. Make sure the hash on the silver cam is lining up exactly with the white full throttle hash. This gets adjusted by the hotfoot stop screw behind the pedal. I get 6k on every Skeeter I have set up, whether the JP is at 5 or 20 hydro, 3 - 10 manual. Will hit Rev limiter 18+ hydro, 10 dots + manual.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    To he guys that are not getting 6k rpms, first thing you should check is that you are getting full throttle. I have found a lot of dealers are not checking this before they send the boat out. Take cover off and have someone mash the throttle. On the driver side you will see the throttle body. Make sure the hash on the silver cam is lining up exactly with the white full throttle hash. This gets adjusted by the hotfoot stop screw behind the pedal. I get 6k on every Skeeter I have set up, whether the JP is at 5 or 20 hydro, 3 - 10 manual. Will hit Rev limiter 18+ hydro, 10 dots + manual.
    This is important, for maximum speed and lift, you need your RPM's to be at least at 6K RPM's first.

17. Member
    Put a tempest plus on mine I like prop a lot but can't come out of hole at full throttle or it cavities

18. Banned
    Plug all the holes off on the tempest plus if it blows out at all. The all small pvs plugs was just in case the sho needed a little air pushing the 21 up on plane. Had another guy run a 27 tempest all solid plugs and he said similar results.

19. Member
    If you run a tempest prop on a SHO do you need any different thrust washers etc to change to this prop?

20. Banned
    Yes you will need the Quicksilver Flo Torq Hub Kit for Yamaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast