Not going wide open throttle

How do you adjust the thing in the attached picture I guess its called a throttle plate so it's at 1/16th inch? Mine is definitely not anywhere near what it is supposed to be. My gap is about 1/4 inch or so when I depress it manually. I have a 2006 225 optimax and it looks similar to this picture. Cannot find anywhere how to adjust this. It says make sure you are wide open throttle on the hot foot install post but can't find anywhere on how to adjust if your now which I'm not. I'm only getting 5100 rpm. Thanks

engine serial number is 1B275872
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    do I just adjust that flat head screw to get it to wot? There is nothing in the hotfoot adjustment post that says how to adjust that specific piece. Thanks

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you do not reach the appropriate position with the throttle cable UNHOOKED (Step #2), the top screw for the VST Mount can be removed, allowing the VST to be set out of the way.

There is a WOT stop screw located behind the VST that is used to adjust the ENGINE linkage side (permitting you to adjust the WOT stop position).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    thanks, not sure what any of that means but I appreciate it.

6. Member
    I think I understand now, get the vst out of the way. There is a different screw not pictured (throttle stop screw) adjust that and done. Thank you!!!

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Well... adjust that, and then continue with the remaining steps.

8. Member
    IMG_20210714_124959796.jpg I got it!!!!!! Thank you so much!!! This was definitely not setup correct wow!

9. Member
    Mine is the same did it make a difference on your Motor at WOT. Thanks