Buggs Island Fishing

I'm thinking about going to Kerr tomorrow. Has anyone fished there in the last couple days? I'll be putting in at Grassy Creek.

2. Member
    I have not fished Kerr but just got back from Gaston. Upper river of Gaston very muddy. So I would expect buggs to be very muddy as well. Sorry I cannot help more.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    I have not fished Kerr but just got back from Gaston. Upper river of Gaston very muddy. So I would expect buggs to be very muddy as well. Sorry I cannot help more.
    Thanks Roger, I was thinking about Gaston also because it's a little closer. The recreational boat traffic can get ugly tho.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennyg View Post
    Thanks Roger, I was thinking about Gaston also because it's a little closer. The recreational boat traffic can get ugly tho.
    It was not as bad as I expected. I think alot of people are venturing further than the lake. frog fishing is not bad right now. I did catch one 4.14lbs and we caught a few 3's as well. so not bad not great. Before we got the rain the river was pretty clean and fish were busting everywhere. Striper and bass. Open water throwing walking baits was alot of fun.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

5. Member
    I was there two weeks ago and the water was low. I caught some, but it was my first time there and I struggled. Wish the water would have been up in the brush.

6. Member
    I put in at Eastland Creek this past Saturday (10 July) for a few hours and the water seemed fine and wasn't muddy or anything.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

7. Member
    Thanks for the info. I went to Grassy Creek this morning. Caught a couple small ones on top then slipped and pulled something in my lower back. Limped home about 10 am. and am on tylenol. Bourbon later.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennyg View Post
    Thanks for the info. I went to Grassy Creek this morning. Caught a couple small ones on top then slipped and pulled something in my lower back. Limped home about 10 am. and am on tylenol. Bourbon later.
    Sorry to hear that. I hope you get back to it soon. If you need anything give me a hollar.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx