Question Suzuki DF200 Gear Case Seal

Greetings will appreciate any input. While cleaning line from behind thrust washer on prop shaft the seal tension spring came off seal. Is it possible to put spring back on seal while in place? TIAV

2. Member
    Well, on the 2020 year model the seals are not held in by a snap ring or any other device as far as I can see. They are only $5.10 each. I have changed them with sheet metal screws in the past on my 2006 model. Don't quote me but this could be an easy job. IF the outer seal will let you put the spring back that might be O K too, but since it came out the seal might be damaged by the string.

09282-30006 ▪ Oil Seal (30x45x6) 2 $5.10

3. Member
    As far as I know the spring is a stainless steel spring that assists the seal in keeping water out. The other seal keeps oil in. Automotive seals can be the same dimensions but there is no guarantee the spring won't be ordinary steel which rusts. If there is a snap ring, it holds the seals in. I have used sheet metal screws to remove these seals, some people cave in the outer edge of the seals in 3 or 4 places and use a seal tool. One must never scratch the prop shaft, however.