Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonG View Post
    I think you're misinterpreting his question. I think he's asking why God wouldn't take into account the languages we speak today if he in fact was speaking to the men who wrote scripture. If God decided to use a book as our pathway to salvation, why would he not consider the fact we wouldn't be speaking the languages of it's original content? I've been told some Hebrew words simply don't have a clear and accurate English translation, so they just got as close as they could. It doesn't show much foresight does it? Like it or not, it's a good question.
    This is where faith is important. God already knew what was going to happen in the future (today and beyond) and provided us with translations that would serve His purpose. Praise God for His Grace.
    Last edited by Chisco; 07-17-2021 at 10:44 AM.

2. Member
    It definitely requires faith that the translations are accurate. Especially since the translations are greatly debated as to their meaning and intent, hence all the denominational disagreements. I wonder if scripture in it's original languages was as heavily debated?

3. Member
    Rexico, I have stated several times that I don't think your questions are inappropriate and I stand by that. I do wonder why you don't participate more in the threads you start? Have you received some snarky responses? Yes, but I also think many have patiently taken the time to provide you with well intentioned answers. Whether you agree or not doesn't excuse you from at least expressing some basic gratitude. Think of it this way; imagine if I was your neighbor and came over to ask your opinion of why my car won't start.You then take the time to open the hood, check the battery, tug on a few wires, check fluids, etc. Then when you tell me what you think the problems might be, I just stand there staring at you and give no response. You leave feeling disrespected and like you've wasted your time. Then the next day I come over and ask you to look at my washing machine....

That's what you're doing here.

At least participate, answer questions yourself, or stop playing games.

4. Member
    Rexico, I have stated several times that I don't think your questions are inappropriate and I stand by that. I do wonder why you don't participate more in the threads you start? Have you received some snarky responses? Yes, but I also think many have patiently taken the time to provide you with well intentioned answers. Whether you agree or not doesn't excuse you from at least expressing some basic gratitude. Think of it this way; imagine if I was your neighbor and came over to ask your opinion of why my car won't start.You then take the time to open the hood, check the battery, tug on a few wires, check fluids, etc. Then when you tell me what you think the problems might be, I just stand there staring at you and give no response. You leave feeling disrespected and like you've wasted your time. Then the next day I come over and ask you to look at my washing machine....

I believe that you are starting to understand why many have become very conspicuous, though some may perceive it as disrespect. Oh, just my 2C on the car repairs, don't offer your neighbor to use your shop and tools, since you may end up with a bunch of repairs on your list. OK, it is my brother, but it's still my shop that I would like to use.

I have intentionally not posted on any thread started by rexico long ago but this post impels me to do so. Thank you sir for succinctly putting into words my thoughts.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

6. Banned

Since 7/16 I have been in Mexico fishing, we have bad, little, and no internet. so my no response, is excused, any apology will be excepted. Playing games??????

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    Since 7/16 I have been in Mexico fishing, we have bad, little, and no internet. so my no response, is excused, any apology will be excepted. Playing games??????
    I bet you went all the way to Mexico cause there ain't no places to fish in USA.

8. Member
    rexico, Hope your Mexico trip went well and you caught some TANKS , if you are not back yet, ill wait on your response.

Why have you not responded to my post #6 , 41, 44,48,55,56.

rexico, I have been responding to 100% of your post since day one. We have had several Pms together over that period and all were cordial and polite.

You have been posting a response to my reply's at a rate around %10 of the time.

If your questions are so important or relevant TO YOU why are your responses so limited ? You just jump to the next question a day or two later.

I have asked you "direct" questions over the last several months in regards to your original post, and I get almost no response. I may be mistaken, but I am almost certain is was not because of a lack of internet service.

Look forward to your response..............godsdozer

9. Member
    rexico,

In your search for "truth" over the last year or so here on BBC.................

I have provided to you "videos" from atheist, agnostic, and Christian.
    I have provided to you "articles" from the same.
    I have provided to you "early Church Father" opinions.
    I have provided to you " many "Scholarly" books
    I have provided to you " "Historians such as Josephus, and Tacitus"
    I have provided to you " Greek and Hebrew Lexicons...........
    I have provided to you " Lectures on "Philosophy"
    I have provided to you " Lectures and videos and on Logic "

How many have you watched, listened too , studied, researched ? I ask this because you very seldom respond....................

I am not asking that you agree with what I post for your review , but rather a civil discussion of why you do or do not agree.

10. Member
    Even though Rexico seems to have no real interest in having a conversation with the responding posters, I pray that God opens his eyes at some point soon.
    Last edited by Chisco; 07-22-2021 at 07:52 PM.

11. Banned
    ?
    Last edited by LewStulePH.D.; 07-24-2021 at 04:25 AM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    any apology will be excepted.
    Then I guess there's no reason for me to offer one, right?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234