Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    rexico, books are written every year that in some form or another they claim God told them to write them. They can be inspirational books, teaching books, denominational books the list goes on and on. Just read the prologues to them or the credits, or the back cover.

There is a Greek word that is used in the new testament "Telos".............. If you truly are a seeker, then go study Eschatology.

There is nothing new under the Sun.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonG View Post
    Why do people assume that if you don't agree with their exact faith, you're somehow looking to or feeling astray?
    I can’t speak for anyone else but I have a desire for people to learn about and seek Christ as their Savior. I think God impresses us to do so.

3. Banned
    Why do you think the KJV is the right one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisco View Post
    If the book adds to, conflicts with, or takes away from God’s Word as provided in the Bible (KJV), I would not believe the information. See Deuteronomy 4:2, Deuteronomy 12:32 and Revelations 22:18-20.

Personally, I have never had God speak directly to me. I believe the Holy Spirit quickens my heart and directs me to areas of the Bible to answer my questions and, in some cases, answer my prayers.

If it’s simply a book with no relation to the Bible…. whether it’s true or not would be between that person and God.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post

It is not the "right one" because there are no "right ones". They all serve a purpose whichever you choose to read. The KJV has had to make revisions to its contents over the decades as new manuscripts have been found just as many others have had to do as well. Also, they have had to change some of the "translation errors " of some Greek words because they were found to be biased in their interpretation / translation.

5. Member
    rexico have you studied the history of biblical translations ?

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    rexico have you studied the history of biblical translations ?
    No... why would the word of God need translated?

7. Member

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm because they were originally written in another language ? namely Hebrew, and koine Greek

8. Member
    rexico, regarding many of your post, I end with "there is nothing new under the sun" I am not sure you have grasped that. There are no new questions that can be asked that have not already been addressed and answered. You may not agree with the answers and that is ok.......................there are 100,000s maybe millions/billions who disagree...... Its ok. Just be honest with yourself and say, I don't believe this fairytale .

9. Member
    Thats simply the book I read and I feel comfortable with it. I havent felt the need to read other translations or versions. In my post, I put KJV in parenthesis just in case anyone asked which version.

10. Member
    Rexico, do you believe we are created or do you think we're just a random byproduct of some intergalactic event? For the sake of discussion, please don't say "I don't know."

Honestly and purely from your gut, created or accidental?

11. Member
    Unless you know how to real old Greek or Old Hebrew language, there wouldn't be many capable of reading the original translation, which were first translated into Latin, so do you need any other reasons.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Unless you know how to real old Greek or Old Hebrew language, there wouldn't be many capable of reading the original translation, which were first translated into Latin, so do you need any other reasons.
    I think you're misinterpreting his question. I think he's asking why God wouldn't take into account the languages we speak today if he in fact was speaking to the men who wrote scripture. If God decided to use a book as our pathway to salvation, why would he not consider the fact we wouldn't be speaking the languages of it's original content? I've been told some Hebrew words simply don't have a clear and accurate English translation, so they just got as close as they could. It doesn't show much foresight does it? Like it or not, it's a good question.

Same situation would be when people have revelations....some of which are accompanied with supernatural miracles. Should you believe them? Do you want to believe them? Common sense and prayer will be the best solution to aide you in your belief...
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

14. Member
    ad nau·se·am

/ad ˈnôzēəm/

adverb

• referring to something that has been done or repeated so often that it has become annoying or tiresome.

• Please see post #47 and post #51 of this thread.

15. Member
    rexico, regarding many of your post, I end with "there is nothing new under the sun" I am not sure you have grasped that. There are no new questions that can be asked that have not already been addressed and answered. You may not agree with the answers and that is ok.......................there are 100,000s maybe millions/billions who disagree...... Its ok. Just be honest with yourself and say, I don't believe this fairytale .

rexico, have you grasped that ? or do you need to do some more research ? Or, do you just keep asking questions (ad nau·se·am ) , see definition above in post #54 ?

I posted a new Youtube video today that dealt with atheism ( non- theist )....................have you watched it ? Are you are serious with your doubts, or is this something else ?.....................please review the video, I would like to hear your thoughts and how they differ from the two who hold Dr. status ?
    Last edited by godsdozer; 07-16-2021 at 10:45 PM.

16. Member
    rexico, why did you not respond to my post#41 Do you know what the Greek word Telos means , how it is used in the New Testament ? You seem to hop, skip and Jump to whatever is convenient to interject with another question :)
    Last edited by godsdozer; 07-16-2021 at 11:04 PM.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonG View Post
    I think you're misinterpreting his question. I think he's asking why God wouldn't take into account the languages we speak today if he in fact was speaking to the men who wrote scripture. If God decided to use a book as our pathway to salvation, why would he not consider the fact we wouldn't be speaking the languages of it's original content? I've been told some Hebrew words simply don't have a clear and accurate English translation, so they just got as close as they could. It doesn't show much foresight does it? Like it or not, it's a good question.
    With all due respect, if I am misreading the poster's question, shouldn't he be the one taking up this concern. I am sure GOD took every necessary need, since I have no problem reading and understanding my bible, and for that matter, I don't think that I have had much problem understanding replies to my question in this forum or others, when the questions I am asking truly matter to me.

18. Member
    ad nau·se·am

/ad ˈnôzēəm/

adverb

• referring to something that has been done or repeated so often that it has become annoying or tiresome.

• Please see post #47 and post #51 of this thread.

Very good observation Dozer!

19. Member
    With all due respect, if I am misreading the poster's question, shouldn't he be the one taking up this concern. I am sure GOD took every necessary need, since I have no problem reading and understanding my bible, and for that matter, I don't think that I have had much problem understanding replies to my question in this forum or others, when the questions I am asking truly matter to me.
    Nice, but you still misinterpreted the the question. It's ok though, no need to take it as a personal attack.

20. Member
    Very good observation Dozer!
    It is a good observation, and it applies to all fronts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast