Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I had 98 mercury 225 EFI. It would run 5900 all day. Just not much speed. Handled great. Ended up having to put trim extenders on it to help it out. I do not think it has a wing on the side of the lower.

2. Member
    Castforcash thank you. I appreciate your time. I was only giving you some more information. I bought this used. Tried to do all the needed research. Was hoping I might have missed something or something easy to fix that I didn’t realize. I have changed out all but the pick up tube in the tank with 3/8” fuel line. I didn’t know they could spin a sleeve. But if it spun you’d figure the dealership I purchased from would have caught it. Or hope they would have and not sold it. Thank you again.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyAnglin View Post
    Castforcash thank you. I appreciate your time. I was only giving you some more information. I bought this used. Tried to do all the needed research. Was hoping I might have missed something or something easy to fix that I didn’t realize. I have changed out all but the pick up tube in the tank with 3/8” fuel line. I didn’t know they could spin a sleeve. But if it spun you’d figure the dealership I purchased from would have caught it. Or hope they would have and not sold it. Thank you again.
    It's not something that is easy to catch and many techs scratch their heads for hours trying to figure out why the motor is down on power. I'm not saying that this is what your problem may be, just another possibility. Do yourself a favor and post this on Merc boards. Make sure you include your serial number. There are several master techs on there who will try their best to figure this out. I didn't mean to sound salty, just want ya to get it figured out. Good luck!

4. Member

5. Member
    Do you have a smart craft gauge? Maybe take the anchors off the back and see what happens?!? Do you have a hotfoot? Are you sure the motor is reaching full throttle and so on....lots of variables to consider here.

6. Banned
    Had same problem- 98 203 dcx with 250 pro Xb
    I had to fully plug all the holes the Pvs system on the prop. I went up with motor, then went down, and back up again with holes open in the pvs. Only thing that fixed my problem was fully plugging the holes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12