Thread: Golf Balls

Golf Balls

Anybody try or use the Srixon Z-star balls? If so how do they compare to pro v-1's? I have read and watched videos and here good things about them. I played a couple rounds with the Vice pro plus and they are very comparable but a little too easy to scuff for my liking. Just playing around trying to find a comparable ball that's a little cheaper. Thanks for any input.

I have been using the Z-Stars for 4 years and counting. For me, they peform better with my wedges than any ball I have tried. I also love the feel off the putter face. Durability is excellent also. I never was a fan of the pro V1's, especially off the putter face, but obviously it is an excellent ball too. FWIW, and my humble opinion, they are both the same caliber ball, just depends on what feel you like and with what club.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

Thank you for your input. Exactly what I was looking for. I prefer a soft ball for putting and chipping. Does the Z-star have that soft feel of the putter face? Not pingy for lack of a better word.

Well, we like the exact opposite. I like a very firm ball to putt with and for my wedges, and the Z-star fits the bill for me. FYI, the compression rating for the Z-star and Pro V1 are the same in most testing, which is a 90, which is pretty dang firm in comparison.
    With my odyssey toulan las vegas putter there is a click sound on the firm putts. Now, that could be just the design of the putter and not the ball. The Z-Star probably is not the best ball for my driver swing, but with the irons and wedges I love the performance, so I accept the trade off.

Any pro shops around you where you can just purchase a 3 ball sleeve to try out?

Yes, which I hate cause they charge you a arm & leg for a sleeve compared to box prices per ball. I think I will pick some up for this weekends round and see how I like them. My 14 year old boy is playing some so any balls I don't like or use usually end up in his bag. Thanks for your input.

You are welcome...and yes, they rob you on the 3 ball sleeve.

Slazenger
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115