Thread: Pool 13

Pool 13

Got out on pool 13 yesterday and all I can say is WOW!!!! It's crazy low out there. Couldn't find many fish, fished mainly main river just because I'm not sure where I can still run. Idled a couple chutes and couldn't get in. Next tournament is gong to be a struggle for me!!!

Latest Data
    07/12/2021 09:00 Central
    Latest Stage 4.77 Ft.
    24 Hr. Change -0.25 Ft.
    Tomorrow's Forecast
    (Issued 07/12/2021 01:40)
    5.00 Ft.
    Last Year's Stage 10.08 Ft.
    Latest Pool Level 14.24 Ft.
    24 Hr. Change -0.15 Ft.
    Last Year's Pool Level 14.37 Ft.
    Latest Flow M
    24 Hr. Precip Total 0.01 In.
    Latest Air Temp 67 °F
    Latest Water Temp 74 °F
    Latest Wind Info 6 MPH N
    Gusts at 9 MPH

We know that those fish are out there. I'm thinking about late in the week or early next week. Yes, I am nervous about the skinny water. We will be moving slow & easy.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

3. Member
    I've been finding some om pool 14. I'm planning on going tomorrow.
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

4. Member
    I haven't been able to make it out yet this year and was gonna try week after next till after I saw the levels. In 40 years I've never seen it like this. Might have to readjust LOL.
    1995 Stratos 275 Pro XL
    1995 150 Fastrike
    MG Xi5

I'll be out there on Saturday/Sunday with my Buddy Dan. No rooms left in Savanna - so we will be in Thompson for the night. Gonna be going slow and depending on the water flow, we will be picking spots. Really, just want to get out and hope we find 'em hungry.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

6. Member
    I may be out there Saturday with a buddy of mine as well doing the same.

7. Member
    Going to be busy on 13 this weekend. AC tourney Sunday and IBF 6 man next weekend.

8. Member
    Any updates on pool 13? Are you able to run anywhere other than main channel?

9. Member
    At 4' anything off the channel would be idling. Crazy what you run across with low water. Last couple weekends looked like the Bassmasters classic came to town..

10. Member
    Trut81, I would not recommend running off the channel unless you know exactly where the hazards are and are sure you can make it. I hit numerous stumps this week in areas I "thought" I knew, we had 3 boats that were injured as well from unseen hazards. Be super careful out there

11. Member
    Well I don't know about water the level, but I wanted to go camping and found a campground right on the river so I will be going next weekend. Should be fun to go camping and fishing!

I'm guessing that if I launch in downtown Savana and stay on the main river I will be safe?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tommoorehouse View Post
    Well I don't know about water the level, but I wanted to go camping and found a campground right on the river so I will be going next weekend. Should be fun to go camping and fishing!

I'm guessing that if I launch in downtown Savana and stay on the main river I will be safe?
    Yes, stick to the channel and idle from there. Even the guys that think they know all the hazards have found some they didn't know about this year. Should be some fish to be caught on the main channel anyway

13. Member
    Went out of marquette park, no issues. Caught 4 stripe or white bass and only 1 large mouth. Hopefully it doesn't rain bad tomorrow and I will give it another shot.

14. Member
    I never figured out the bass bite on pool 13 but a 6lb 9oz walleye and a big northern made for a fun morning!