1968 Super Skeeter build into a flats boat

Hello everyone, I just purchased a 1968 Super Skeeter boat. I have wanted one for over 40 years and now I have on. YEAH! I caught my first bass out of one. My grandpa had one and gave it to my dad and we fished that thing ragged. I’m making it into a flats boat with a poling platform. It will be a little different than most boats. Here are some pics so far. Enjoy.

2. Member
    First boat I ever ran all by myself. Stick steering with a 33hp Evinrude strapped to the back. It was a great lil boat. I'm envious... 😉👍

3. Member
    Thanks, I’m looking for a Yamaha 35 or something like that

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muddminnow View Post
    It'll scoot far faster than you can imagine....😉

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    It'll scoot far faster than you can imagine....
    Yes it will. It looks like a fighter jet on water.

6. Member
    All I can find on google is Yamaha 25,30 or 40hp
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

7. Member
    Have issues with the painting the hull. The paint I am using is called Durabak. It’s a single part epoxy paint used in the marine industry for painting the hull so I can’t scratch up the bottom of my boat. It’s like a bed liner for boats. I painted the hull, followed directions and the second coat I put on started clumping up. Ben, the customer service guy then the next day he was the technical person said it was because of the pigment in the paint that made it cure quickly. Then he said it was the way I mixed it, what caused it to cure with in minuets of my following directions on mixing caused it to cure and clump up. I have never seen any paint, epoxy or any other start curing just seconds after I mixed the paint following the directions. I think I will never use this paint nor will I ever recommend this product to anyone. Here are the damaging pics I’m left with on my vintage boat and all they could do was give me 10% off a next gallon of paint.
    why would I want to put another gallon of paint on my boat when it’s going to clump up as well I paid over $1000 and paint no warranty no help and I’m the one that’s got to figure out how to use it because Durabak CY has no clue don’t ever use this product on your boat they don’t warrantee it they won’t help you they’ll just make it like it’s your fault that their products it’s not working especially when you follow their directions. 36CDE3A6-9D9C-4A1D-958A-926BB9F2903F.jpeg

8. Member
    I have to respectfully ask, did you roll this on? I don't see your method of application. I worked with epoxy paints all the time, they scrape off and leave oyster shell tracks just like gelcoat.

9. Member
    I used it on the deck of a Javelin I used to own and it worked great. There are 2 different types of Durabak. The one I used had small bits of a rubber like particle in it that aided traction. In your last picture that looks like what you have. It is clumpy and needs to be applied with a certain nap of roller. They also have a version that goes on smooth that is used for outside the hull.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

10. Member
    Hey, I used the Durabak 18 smooth. I rolled it on. I also used xylene to thin it out several times. I followed the manufactures advice, 1st layer I put it on thin, the second layer, I was putting it on and it started curing up. I thought it was the roller coming apart but I used there required roller.

11. Member
    I just don’t understand how any paint someone uses can cure that quickly and be used to paint anything.

12. Member
    I just don’t understand how any paint someone uses can cure that quickly and be used to paint anything.
    I agree when I put it on it seemed to dry like normal paint. It went from wet to tacky to dry and it was several hours (3-4) before I felt comfortable enough to walk on it without being afraid of damaging it.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

Hmmmm !! Did the first coat go on ok ?? Was the first coat cured before you applied the second coat ?? Maybe need to wait for the first coat to cure some before applying the second coat. Just maybe, I don't know anything about the Durabak !! Interesting boast conversion tho, I'd like to see the finished product !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents