2. Member
    I can't find whether it was a DF or DT that was the "old" motor with 4700 hours. Did I miss where it was a 200 HP?

3. Member
    Check Reel Time Adventures Guide Service on facebook.
    I rode in his boat once several years ago and it was a 200.
    Maybe he says in another post.

4. Member
    I went to the facebook and failed to find out whether it was a 2 or 4 stroke, which is the meat of my question.

5. Member
    It is not my motor. I thought it interesting on the number of hours and thought others might as well here.
    You can get Den’s phone number and I am sure he would be glad to give you details.
    It is listed on his face book page.
    Contact will need to be the old fashioned way-phone!

6. Member

Looks like a 4 stroke to me.

7. Member
    Yep that’s a 4 stroke.

There have been several 140’s here run by pro fishers that have reached 7000 to 8000 hours. not uncommon for these guys to run their engines for 8-10 hours non stop per day, day in, day out.

I know of one that hit 8000 hours, Suzuki here bought it back and stripped it down, checked it over, replaced a few ancilliary parts, and sold it with 12 months warranty to a recreational fisher and its still going strong.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Yep that’s a 4 stroke.

There have been several 140’s here run by pro fishers that have reached 7000 to 8000 hours. not uncommon for these guys to run their engines for 8-10 hours non stop per day, day in, day out.

I know of one that hit 8000 hours, Suzuki here bought it back and stripped it down, checked it over, replaced a few ancilliary parts, and sold it with 12 months warranty to a recreational fisher and its still going strong.
    damn! Hope mine last 1/2 that! I put around 35-40 hrs a year on it, so I guess it'll outlast me!

9. Member
    Den works hard at fishing.
    Crappie, catfish, spoonbills, bow fishing at night, bass, white bass.
    He is a nice guy too and great with kids and family.
    I am sure he took good care of his motor.
    I thought about buying Suzuki back in 2018 when I bought but no dealers handled them in town and dealer that did was too far and didn’t have the boat I wanted. But from everything I have seen and heard about dependability, Suzuki is top notch.