Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Agree with Pete, this boat does not need a lot of positive trim. Basically trimming up to level (wing on lower level with pad) and then running the boat out until speed stops climbing without trimming again. Only then do I start to bump up the trim a little at a time. I'm still learning to drive this boat and I am having some issues reaching max RPMs. Not the same as my previous 119 with 225 2 stroke pro xs but it has the same lower unit so trim seems to want to act the same or similar. I'm playing with trim settings and props but the 23 Fury 3 seems to be fastest as I will get to 68, almost 69 at 5,800 rpm. I have had it as low as 3.5 and as high as 2.5. Trying to find the sweet spot. I started a thread when I got the boat and I will updated with what I find out after I've had the dealer verify 100% throttle and had time to run it.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

2. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro's Choice Pete View Post
    How many hours do you have on the engine now?

How are you driving the boat? Trimming it up all of the way at WOT? If so that is the incorrect way to drive it and is probably the cause of your excessive prop slip. Once you reach WOT and full positive trim, start bumping the trim down just a touch at a time and your speed will most likely increase. The majority of the bigger Ranger's don't run the fastest at full positive trim.
    Pete is correct......................I used to have a post pinned to the top, but don't think it is there now........................RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

3. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Watch this link video...................proper trim on the boat Sir last third of Video..........................RR
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=430697

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

4. Member
    another good video to watch

2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    I’ve tested it exactly as you said as far as the trimming! This is not my first boat nor my first Ranger.I’m not being a smart a—, I just wanted to let you know that I went through all these testing steps with my last ranger to find it’s sweet spot. I trim up till I lose speed then bump back down to till I see it reach it’s highest speed. I have 14 hours on the engine right now.

6. Member
    My suggestion is to have a local pro jump in the boat with you. I sold my boat to a guy who reached out because he couldn't get past a certain speed. I hoped in the boat and drove the boat faster and safer because I knew the sweet spot. Having owned about 12 Rangers there is no way to explain. It is seat time and second nature. You either know or you don't based on feel.

7. Member
    Ricky you are absolutely correct

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123