Thread: Blueprinting

Blueprinting

I'm getting ready to send my prop off to Croxton. I have practically zero knowledge when it comes to props, other than it propels the boat. Is it worth the extra money to have my Yamaha T1 blueprinted as opposed to just repaired? It has a few imperfections on all three blade edges.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Moderator
    Yes. I've always had him balance and blueprint every prop i've sent him for repair or for better performance.

I've sent him 2 props, both refurbished. Extremely happy with outcome and performance. Had cup added to the tips and what a difference in performance from what I sent him
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

Tell your prop guy all the baseline data about your boat and present performance and what if any concerns you have, Give them a free hand to do whatever is needed
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. mikesxpress
    I personally don't accept the blueprint/lab terminology used for working propellers. There are no actual blueprints done and modifications are not done in a lab.
    This is a pretty medieval trade accomplished with hammers and block. It's dirty nasty work accomplished by only a few quality tradesman that can actually true up a propeller correctly.

I watched the video

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    I personally don't accept the blueprint/lab terminology used for working propellers. There are no actual blueprints done and modifications are not done in a lab.
    This is a pretty medieval trade accomplished with hammers and block. It's dirty nasty work accomplished by only a few quality tradesman that can actually true up a propeller correctly.

^^^^^+1
    I prefer to refer to it as TUNING
    Thank You Leon Pugh

[QUOTE=mikesxpress;11979189]I personally don't accept the blueprint/lab terminology used for working propellers. There are no actual blueprints done and modifications are not done in a lab.

/QUOTE]
    I prefer to refer to as Tuning
    Thank You Leon Pugh

9. mikesxpress
    I always ask to see the blueprint when they get one back.