Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Folks,

There are several economists not associated with the marine industry that have projected a double growth in the marine industry in 10 years. Several Industry economists projected sustained lower percentage growth for five years. The industry, and all outdoor sports, had no way to manage the growth spike CoVid 19 placed upon it.

On this seasons price increases: Inflation did hit hard as YOY all carpeting increased 19%, our fiberglass 17%, and our resins have increased between 12% and 43% in cost. Steel quite honestly is not a major dollar impact on trailers in dollars though did in percentages, and Dexter has piled double digit price increases on over the last four seasons. PPE supplies obviously jumped tremendously in this pandemic, then another significant increase is insurance costs.

Yamaha and Mercury both have moderate, and what would be significant in other times, increases and we expect one more to come. Aluminum products definitely took an increase similar to other metals. Those electronics and accessory items have not had excessive increases in prices. The increases are in other areas.

BCB
    Basscat boats if thats the case this country better start building some more lakes... Some lakes are already overcrowded and dangerous. I couldnt imagine if we add that many more boats to the mix.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

2. Member
    It doesn’t seem like that long ago but in 2010 they marketed the TR-18se with a 150 opti for $21k. I should’ve bought some
    spares!

3. Member
    In a video I was watching they had a new Triton XRT at the Classic. It was 87,000 I want to say. Didnt look too special to me.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetch114 View Post
    Triton isnt the only one. I tried to get a 2021 Nitro with no luck. I ordered a 2022 on June 15 knowing there would be roughly a 10% increase. Once they showed their 2022 prices two weeks ago it did in fact reflect about 10%. Then sometime this week their prices went up and additional 5%. That BS in my book. I was ok with the 10% Im not ok with 15%!!!!! Unfortunately for me, i put money down and the order has been made.
    You cannot be charged an after-the-fact price increase. FTC regulations do not allow that practice. Thus, any price increase announced *after* your order was placed cannot be applied to your order.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    It's hard to justify keeping the four year old boat that cost me 30K new, much less think about buying a new one at 60K plus.

That being said price is set at what the market will bear. Bass Boats have always been an expensive luxury item.

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    You cannot be charged an after-the-fact price increase. FTC regulations do not allow that practice. Thus, any price increase announced *after* your order was placed cannot be applied to your order.

I think it depends on how sales contract is worded. Some have vendor increases written in to be responsibility of the buyer to pay.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetch114 View Post
    Triton isnt the only one. I tried to get a 2021 Nitro with no luck. I ordered a 2022 on June 15 knowing there would be roughly a 10% increase. Once they showed their 2022 prices two weeks ago it did in fact reflect about 10%. Then sometime this week their prices went up and additional 5%. That BS in my book. I was ok with the 10% Im not ok with 15%!!!!! Unfortunately for me, i put money down and the order has been made.
    Unless it’s in production I would cancel and get your money back if you no longer like the product your getting for the price your paying.

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I think it depends on how sales contract is worded. Some have vendor increases written in to be responsibility of the buyer to pay.
    I’m not a lawyer, but I’ve never seen a boat contract with such a stipulation. Building a house? I could see that, particularly in today’s economy. Just in case, I will amend my statement to say that your contract price cannot be changed after the fact unless said contract [which you supposedly read before you signed] says that it can be changed without your permission.

9. Member
    Something has to change..everything in the country going up 10-20 percent except salaries. It’s going to get real bad in some industries.

10. Member
    Whenever you have too much demand and a limited supply, the prices will go up. As long as people continue to buy boats and motors they will continue to go up.

11. Member
    Looks like I unknowingly made a smart choice to buy my Phoenix in 2020!

12. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    Looks like I unknowingly made a smart choice to buy my Phoenix in 2020!
    A lot of things look better in the rear view mirror!

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    And a V6 Ferrari is going to cost $250,000. What kind of malarkey is this!
    CD t
    Pffft!
    I think that’s the BBC Cash Price Discount Price probably higher for those who want to finance it for 12 months.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    A lot of things look better in the rear view mirror!
    And the great thing I don’t owe a dime on it!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    Whenever you have too much demand and a limited supply, the prices will go up. As long as people continue to buy boats and motors they will continue to go up.
    Lots and I mean lots of people have bought these boats and rv’s on credit or with the penalty free 401k wilthdraws...and lots of people have been told come back to the workplace this month , next month and in September.... all of this will come to a reckoning soon... and it will be bad for many people and industries.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    If you had told me 10-15 years ago that people will spend $300 on a cooler, $35 for a mug, $1K for a fishing rod and reel combo, $80K for a truck, and $85K for a bass boat, and you would have to get in line and wait 4 months for the priviledge to buy one, I would have thought you were crazy.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Folks,

There are several economists not associated with the marine industry that have projected a double growth in the marine industry in 10 years. Several Industry economists projected sustained lower percentage growth for five years. The industry, and all outdoor sports, had no way to manage the growth spike CoVid 19 placed upon it.

On this seasons price increases: Inflation did hit hard as YOY all carpeting increased 19%, our fiberglass 17%, and our resins have increased between 12% and 43% in cost. Steel quite honestly is not a major dollar impact on trailers in dollars though did in percentages, and Dexter has piled double digit price increases on over the last four seasons. PPE supplies obviously jumped tremendously in this pandemic, then another significant increase is insurance costs.

Yamaha and Mercury both have moderate, and what would be significant in other times, increases and we expect one more to come. Aluminum products definitely took an increase similar to other metals. Those electronics and accessory items have not had excessive increases in prices. The increases are in other areas.

BCB
    But prices didn't go down when oil was low under Trump? Why not?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    But prices didn't go down when oil was low under Trump? Why not?
    Material costs have increased greatly over the years and anything marine or fishing is a specialty product... specialty product higher margins...
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

19. Member
    My '16 Z119C is going to be paid off first of the new year.......it is going to be my last bass boat probably.

20. Member
    The way the marine industry and the pro anglers that represent them have convinced so many people they need a $60,000+ boat to catch bass is one of the most impressive things I’ve ever seen.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast