Thread: Carpet Cleaning

Carpet Cleaning

Hey Guys
    This is my first post, I have a 919 and I wanted to see what you guys are doing to clean your carpet? I have a couple of areas that are starting to get dirty and looking for the best solution for cleaning. I've looked at a couple of the Bissell hand held pet carpet cleaners but I'm not sure that's the best option

Much appreciated

Thanks

2. Member
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I clean spots as needed, shaving cream or spray foam carpet cleaner but one a year it get a soak down and complete scrub with a brush and thorough rinse, then vacuumed with shop vac and park in the sun

5 1/2 years later still looking great

Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    also after a good cleaning this will help keep it looking good and prevent a lot of stains

81EUvXEUaxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    I use it on the cover also
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

I have a Bissel home carpet shampoo machine that has a detachable wand. I use the detachable wand on my boat and it works perfect. I simply use the same carpet cleaner we use in the house. I vacuum the carpet 3-4 times a year or as needed. Once per year I give it a deep cleaning with my home carpet shampoo machine. I have over 1300 hours motor runtime and THOUSANDS of hours actually fishing. I have owned it 20 years and it still has the factory carpet in it.

6. Member
    I did the soak down method every couple months and used the car wash in between. I would put some carpet cleaner and water in a bucket and soak the carpet and then scrub it with the brush and some cleaner. I would shop vac after the scrub and then rinse it real good and shop vac it again. I just worked small sections at a time but it was some work for sure. The car wash is a easy method if you don't have stains

7. Member
    Thanks everyone for the input !!!

8. Member
    I dont know what I am doing wrong but I spent 5 hours cleaning my carpet and trying to get the matting lifted last weekend. 4 hours into a fishing day and it looks dirty. This is the 3rd revolution of this cycle this season. No matter what I do it gets dirty the first trip out
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    I dont know what I am doing wrong but I spent 5 hours cleaning my carpet and trying to get the matting lifted last weekend. 4 hours into a fishing day and it looks dirty. This is the 3rd revolution of this cycle this season. No matter what I do it gets dirty the first trip out
    Mine did the same thing. Thats why I would just go to the car wash after a few trips and spray the carpet out instead of the big scrub down. Another trip or two and it was dirty again. About 3 times a year I did the scrub down that would take a few hours