Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    ... be nice if you guys moved your personal feud postings over to Instagram or TikTok or Snapchat or Twitter or some other platform. BBC is at it's best when posts are informative and educational, not confrontational. I bet nobody cares what boats you have. I sure don't.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

2. Member
    So I was about to put a deposit down on th 1980...$45k.

The sales guy told me of a 2020 skeeter for 40k with about 50 hrs. Would need updated TM and FF's. The vexus has a great TM but needs fish finders. The would end up being close to same price.
    The skeeter has double axles on the trailer.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    He hasn't been around here for a while, but Roy still loves to argue and still hates the Ranger RT series.
    I know...and he is so easy...

Easier than catching a schooling bass hitting topwater...if you have the the right bait
    And Roy,Roy,Roy....you know it'strue...

:

Bwahahahaha

Florida signing off....
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AB7R View Post

The sales guy told me of a 2020 skeeter for 40k with about 50 hrs. Would need updated TM and FF's. The vexus has a great TM but needs fish finders. The would end up being close to same price.
    All kidding aside... if that boat is in good shape, buy it.... they make a good boat. A good guide friend of mine has one ....
    RT188

5. Banned

You will be very close to same price in the end. Figure out which boat you will be happier in and which boat would fit your style of fishing better.

6. Member
    Hater's gotta hate. Buy what ever you want a Ranger dealer minutes from my home would probably get my business.
    Just remember not all these people drive and take care of there boat the same way you might be going to take care of yours. The guy I bought my boat from was shocked when I said it would sit outside 50% of the time. Funny thing is he didn't know how to put the cover on it, I basically got a new cover on a three year old boat.
    Have fun with your new purchase.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet lou View Post
    Hater's gotta hate. Buy what ever you want a Ranger dealer minutes from my home would probably get my business.
    Just remember not all these people drive and take care of there boat the same way you might be going to take care of yours. The guy I bought my boat from was shocked when I said it would sit outside 50% of the time. Funny thing is he didn't know how to put the cover on it, I basically got a new cover on a three year old boat.
    Have fun with your new purchase.
    Thanks! The ranger is no longer in the picture.
    Now deciding between a new vexus 1880 with yam 115 Vmax or a
    1yr old skeeter zx190 with yam 150 vmax on dual ax trailer.

Thanks! The ranger is no longer in the picture.
    Now deciding between a new vexus 1880 with yam 115 Vmax or a
    1yr old skeeter zx190 with yam 150 vmax on dual ax trailer.
    Both good boats. I sold my ZX200 to buy my Vexus 1880. So depending on the water you fish will dictate what boat you buy.

The Vexus 1880 will have more deck space than the ZX190 believe it of not. The Skeeter will ride slightly better in chop do to weight and entry angle. Skeeter will be faster with the 150 SHO. Dual axle trailer is nicer to tow with but harder to back into tight spaces.
    The Vexus is a quality aluminum boat with the best customer service that I have experienced. The 1880 rides very well and is easy to tow. I fish smaller reserviors so the Vexus suits my needs very well and it fits in my garage. You can buy an 1880 in the mid 30k range.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Both good boats. I sold my ZX200 to buy my Vexus 1880. So depending on the water you fish will dictate what boat you buy.

The Vexus 1880 will have more deck space than the ZX190 believe it of not. The Skeeter will ride slightly better in chop do to weight and entry angle. Skeeter will be faster with the 150 SHO. Dual axle trailer is nicer to tow with but harder to back into tight spaces.
    The Vexus is a quality aluminum boat with the best customer service that I have experienced. The 1880 rides very well and is easy to tow. I fish smaller reserviors so the Vexus suits my needs very well and it fits in my garage. You can buy an 1880 in the mid 30k range.
    Thanks. I am leaning towards the vexus. I also will be on smaller lakes
    And reservoirs. Lake Lowell, CJ Strike, Brownlee. Henry's,
    ...allina southern idaho. Only consideration is the wind can
    Pick up rather quick here so the heavier skeeter has a big advantage there.

Thanks. I am leaning towards the vexus. I also will be on smaller lakes
    And reservoirs. Lake Lowell, CJ Strike, Brownlee. Henry's,
    ...allina southern idaho. Only consideration is the wind can
    Pick up rather quick here so the heavier skeeter has a big advantage there.
    Wind has been a non issue with the Garmin TM. I’ve fished your area! Make sure to prop the boat right for your elevation.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

11. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    I know...and he is so easy...

Easier than catching a schooling bass hitting topwater...if you have the the right bait
    And Roy,Roy,Roy....you know it'strue...

:

Bwahahahaha

Florida signing off....
    You Sir are a better Sucker (junk fish) fisherman than I...
    I tried to reel Ole" Roy in a few times in the past months and he wouldn't bite....

He must think I'm gonna come out to the Left Coast and show him how to catch Bass....
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

12. Member
    I know of a AVX 1980 that’s now getting a new hull from Vexus. Second time at the factory for cracked welds. First was the splashwell area and deck cap near step. Had it back couple months and split the Hull couple weeks ago at KY lake. Was bad enough that the automatic bilge was running non stop so they had to load her up. No completion date has been provided for the new Hull as of this week. Don’t think he’s in a hurry since the dealer gave him a new Vexus 21ft glass rig with merc 250. Think he’ll be buying the glass rig. I will say this tho, that 1980 is a sweet rig. He has the Rude 150 with twin 8ft power poles 10 bird in dash, 10 inch bird plus 10 inch Garmin with LS up front, Ultrex, so it’s pretty loaded up tinny. Would be interested in buying minus the rude, so far it’s been flawless but since no longer in production concern heightens.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AObuk442 View Post
    I know of a AVX 1980 that’s now getting a new hull from Vexus. Second time at the factory for cracked welds. First was the splashwell area and deck cap near step. Had it back couple months and split the Hull couple weeks ago at KY lake. Was bad enough that the automatic bilge was running non stop so they had to load her up. No completion date has been provided for the new Hull as of this week. Don’t think he’s in a hurry since the dealer gave him a new Vexus 21ft glass rig with merc 250. Think he’ll be buying the glass rig. I will say this tho, that 1980 is a sweet rig. He has the Rude 150 with twin 8ft power poles 10 bird in dash, 10 inch bird plus 10 inch Garmin with LS up front, Ultrex, so it’s pretty loaded up tinny. Would be interested in buying minus the rude, so far it’s been flawless but since no longer in production concern heightens.
    I wouldn't be doing any crazy driving and when
    Wind picks up I would head in. The 1980 has a ghost TM
    And the 1880 has an ultrex but not the iLink version.

If I can fit the 1980 in the garage I will probably get it.
    I prefer the longer factory warranty over the transferred skeeter warranty which Only covers some
    Structural items for 10 yrs from original purchase date.

14. Member
    Well........
    What did you buy??.....or are you still kicking tires??
    RT188

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    Well........
    What did you buy??.....or are you still kicking tires??
    Caymas cx18ss gts with Ultrex TM, two HDS 9s with active target on the TM
    And merc 150 proXS. Hope to pick up next week. The quality of the caymas seems to be so
    Much better than the skeeter I saw as well as other brands.

16. Member
    And merc 150 proXS. Hope to pick up next week. The quality of the caymas seems to be so
    Get the 175hp motor.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Get the 175hp motor.
    I really don't care much about speed (yet). This is an in stock boat preconfigured by caymas.

18. Member
    I really don't care much about speed (yet). This is an in stock boat preconfigured by caymas.
    I guarantee if you get the 175 you will never wish you would have got the 150hp, however sooner or later you will want to know how it performs with the 175 if you get the 150 hp.

19. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    I guarantee if you get the 175 you will never wish you would have got the 150hp, however sooner or later you will want to know how it performs with the 175 if you get the 150 hp.
    Agreed...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

I am looking at the same boat and motor. The 150 won't have the CX18 teetering on the pad but it will be no slouch either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast