Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    I am not a Tracker fan, I'll admit that....but my experience being around them that friends have owned will keep me from ever owning one. People will come here to defend their purchase when the shortcomings are mentioned. That's fine. My feeling is --- don't ask yourself....is this ok?....ask yourself .... would I rather have a boat built differently?

The Tracker has wood in the boat. Maybe the last manufacturer to do this. I had rather have one built differently.
    Tracker uses hollow tubing for their trailer. It has to hold moisture. I had rather have one built differently.
    My buddies have had lots of trailer problems. I would rather have one built differently.
    I don't think the carpet is the same quality.
    I am not a fan of how high the front end sits...as compared to the back. The boat is very low in the back with someone back there.

I could go on... but... will it float? Yes. Can it fish? Yes. Is it the cheapest price? Probably.

Also I don't like the resale value.
    You are right there are sometimes things that you think could be made better. I would love for Ranger to put a good trailer under their tins too. My cousin had a 2014 rt188 for several years after having a basscat and now hes back in a basscat and doesnt look back on the rt experience too fondly. I repaired that trailer so many times that thing was a joke and its a 2014 so cant use most of these guys universal blame too JM this is a PRE JM boat and it was far from impressive. Too say these boats are superior is laughable because they flat out are not. Its a basic boat with a basic design thats it. You can add accessories to anything and make it better. A base Ranger rt isnt equipped any better than a base tracker or any other brand. Now has tracker quality changed yes it has their trailers are a joke to me now compared to the 08 model we had and no the carpet isnt the greatest on them but these rigs are meant to get people on the water and not cost a fortune thats it. It was an entry level boat for us which IMO is the intention. After having many good years of owning one fully customized i wouldnt own another i will admit that. As far as resale goes we sold our 11 year old tracker for not much less then we paid new for it im sure that would blow some of your minds. Hes still using it 3-4 days a week and loves it. Guess its not a total piece of shit then lol. Oh hes some pics of the high quality Ranger Trailer. The last one is how he sold it basically totally rebuilt the stand at the end. Stock form was PATHETIC. Oh and 2 broken leaf springs and road armour peeling off. I was IMPRESSED. How can this be on a pre JM Ranger they are gods gift to the boating world right? Has Tracker had their issues? Yep they sure have but they have also sold probly 10-1 the amount of boats too if not more. Odds are. Well you get the picture. The ranger rt i was around was just another tin can like the rest.
    4AC8D9C8-167F-4DA7-A642-727DA7C2BBA7.jpeg. 4D609DB9-B1B4-4590-B2BB-6BCB22E3B65A.jpeg 6A29BECC-9F31-4CB7-9769-479D399AFE8A.jpeg 223D7EB8-846E-4A1F-977E-C14CCDD4E6DE.jpeg
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Member
    Roy, Roy, Roy....
    You compare a Tracker to a Ranger.... like comparing my Yukon to a Kia... not saying bad things about Kia's.....BUT IT AIN'T A YUKON...

No boat is perfect. My Ranger is not perfect... there are aluminum boats I would rather have, but it fits my lake sizes that I fish and personally I have had no troubles with it except for the front deck seat post. MOST people here have had no serious problems with the RT series. SURE, you can do a search and find some problems and list them all... that an writing your reply probably too you a half a day.
    Search, search, search....type, type, type. AND you make no case at all for QUALITY of the brand you defend....you can't....

It fits a niche ... and you know what it is.

Nuff said. Go do some more search engine stuff....
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    You are right there are sometimes things that you think could be made better. I would love for Ranger to put a good trailer under their tins too. My cousin had a 2014 rt188 for several years after having a basscat and now hes back in a basscat and doesnt look back on the rt experience too fondly. I repaired that trailer so many times that thing was a joke and its a 2014 so cant use most of these guys universal blame too JM this is a PRE JM boat and it was far from impressive. Too say these boats are superior is laughable because they flat out are not. Its a basic boat with a basic design thats it. You can add accessories to anything and make it better. A base Ranger rt isnt equipped any better than a base tracker or any other brand. The ranger rt i was around was just another tin can like the rest.
    Yeah, but it's still the best boat out there with the trolling motor down.

Roy, Roy, Roy....
    You compare a Tracker to a Ranger.... like comparing my Yukon to a Kia... not saying bad things about Kia's.....BUT IT AIN'T A YUKON...

No boat is perfect. My Ranger is not perfect... there are aluminum boats I would rather have, but it fits my lake sizes that I fish and personally I have had no troubles with it except for the front deck seat post. MOST people here have had no serious problems with the RT series. SURE, you can do a search and find some problems and list them all... that an writing your reply probably too you a half a day.
    Search, search, search....type, type, type. AND you make no case at all for QUALITY of the brand you defend....you can't....

It fits a niche ... and you know what it is.

Nuff said. Go do some more search engine stuff....
    Took me half a day? To look thru pics on my own phone? Yea ok. I knew this is the type of reply id get from an expert like you but i had to throw those pics out there of what a pile of shit that trailer was. You can sit there and tell me that is acceptable and can be considered quality? Thats the point im trying to make. You brag all this quality. But a busted up winch stand that SEVERAL on here have had issues with. Use youre own search engine for that one smart@@s. Its there but you can keep your blinders on and be right in your own mind. Some of us know better. Enjoy your perfect world in your pea brain.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

5. Member
    Roy, Roy, Roy....

Everybody knows ALL boats have problems... you can spend hours and hours sifting through and reading posts to find a few of the RT problems...and yes there have been some. It is not a perfect boat... it is just better for a lot if reasons...

Your problem is very common. People try to defend something by finding problems with something else.

It is called cognitive bias.... or post purchase rationalization.... Still defending a purchase made years ago though is a little _____... to help you see it.....

Post-purchase (or Buyer’s Stockholm Syndrome) rationalisation in a nut shell is when someone purchases a product or service then proceeds to overlook any faults or defects in order to justify their purchase.

You are welcome.
    RT188

As mentioned before, I love the space on the front deck of my VT18.
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V
    TP Express Mach 4 13 x 19
    "Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you fish for people!" Mark 1:17

7. Banned
    I can verify the rt trailers leave alot to be desired. I know a few guys with them and they all have the same issues. Cracked welds. Road armor peeling bunks only lasting a few years at most. The ONLY thing I see better than a tracker trailer is the rt trailers are (were) channel vs tube. All is equal now.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsellsfords View Post
    As mentioned before, I love the space on the front deck of my VT18.
    Me too. I have owned a Crestliner...great boat. One thing that drew me to the RT was the similarity to the old Crestliner I had. If you look at them both they are a very very similar hull. I miss it sometimes. It was a great hull.

And yes, some RT trailers had troubles. They could have been built better for sure. Mine has been fine except the coating on it but I bought some plasticoat spray type coating and when the boat is off the trailer I touch it up once in a while. The strap broke too....but that could have been my fault. But I do keep a close eye on it because I know it could have a problem with the winch or something.

I liked it because of the channel as opposed to a hollow tube type that can hold water... and rust because galvanizing can get a crack or you have to drill in for some reason. At least I can SEE the channel and I know what is there.
    Last edited by FloridaFlyer; 07-12-2021 at 08:21 PM.
    RT188

9. Member
    Roy, Roy, Roy....

Everybody knows ALL boats have problems... you can spend hours and hours sifting through and reading posts to find a few of the RT problems...and yes there have been some. It is not a perfect boat... it is just better for a lot if reasons...

Your problem is very common. People try to defend something by finding problems with something else.

It is called cognitive bias.... or post purchase rationalization.... Still defending a purchase made years ago though is a little _____... to help you see it.....

Post-purchase (or Buyer’s Stockholm Syndrome) rationalisation in a nut shell is when someone purchases a product or service then proceeds to overlook any faults or defects in order to justify their purchase.

You are welcome.
    Are you describing yourself?

Post-purchase (or Buyer’s Stockholm Syndrome) rationalization in a nut shell is when someone purchases a product or service then proceeds to overlook any faults or defects in order to justify their purchase.
    10-4 on EVERY manufacturer having problems and not just boat.
    I fish with a Buddy that has a Maverick. His stringers did NOT connect to the transom. He spent more to repair his boat than his original cost, although he bought is used, to get it repaired. It took over 2 years to get it repaired and Maverick did not own up to the defect / poor assembly. He still will stand in front of of the Judge and tell you it is the Best Boat Ever.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

Took me half a day? To look thru pics on my own phone? Yea ok. I knew this is the type of reply id get from an expert like you but i had to throw those pics out there of what a pile of shit that trailer was. You can sit there and tell me that is acceptable and can be considered quality? Thats the point im trying to make. You brag all this quality. But a busted up winch stand that SEVERAL on here have had issues with. Use youre own search engine for that one smart@@s. Its there but you can keep your blinders on and be right in your own mind. Some of us know better. Enjoy your perfect world in your pea brain.
    I've taken a good hard look at the trailer on my 2020 and it seems like the construction is basic, effective, and wouldn't have any issues. Of course, rust over time may have a different plan for it, but as of now, it looks like a pretty simple, fully boxed, galvanized trailer setup with a basic winch setup and a standard ram. I've used it a lot since April, but the trailer has been the last of my worries the entire time. I dunk it in, launch, do my thing, then re-tailer, go back home and store it all. I have seen some drain holes designed into it which let's out the water.

Seems basic, but well built for me. The only thing I'd probably improve on it is the tires, and MAYBE add an extra leaf spring to each side.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

12. Member
    There is nothing at all wrong with Tracker trailers, mine is 11 years old and still looks new.

Roy, Roy, Roy....

You are welcome.
    Nice way to ramble on and describe yourself. I would say your name several times like a total irritant also but i see you are one of the super keyboard warriors that wont post your name in your sig or profile. If i were you i wouldnt want people to know much about me either so smart move. Some people take going on and on and still say nothing at the end and make it an artform. Congrats on being one of those people. Get ready for your next keyboard battle.
    Last edited by TritonTRXV8; 07-13-2021 at 06:58 PM.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    remember, you only hear the "negative" things about products on the internet, you very rarely hear the good. When people have nothing to complain about, they don't bother, BUT! when they have something to complain about, it's posted everywhere on the internet!.......one of the only people here that posts good things about a boat is me! ..............LOVE my Polarkraft!!!
    Everyone knows your love your polarkraft, its been well documented.

15. Member
    Nice way to ramble on and describe yourself. I would say your name several times like a total irritant also but i see you are one of the super keyboard warriors that wont post your name in your sig or profile. If i were you i wouldnt want people to know much about me either so smart move. Some people take going on and on and still say nothing at the end and make it an artform. Congrats on being one of those people. Get ready for your next keyboard battle.
    Roy, Roy, Roy.....

I thought the Tracker guys all got tired of living in the real world here and got your own forum where there was no bad things said about the boat.......and you could lead the owners in Kumbaya... and then you come here still.... interesting.

I have helped a friend work on a couple so I have a good bit of knowledge about them. They just don't impress me nearly as much as the RT series....all aluminum. It was putting such a dent in the sales of Tracker that JM bought the company.

The Ranger is not the boat it once was, I'll admit that. I think he made design changes to fit his plant and economy of scale like leaving off the heavy duty extruded aluminum centerline piece....but I am sure it cost less. It also eliminated one very differentiating piece that made it superior.

Another thing I notice is the people that buy RANGER buy another one and another one...I don't know anybody that bought a second Tracker..... sadly, that now may become Reality for Ranger as well.

There are just things I look for from an engineering view of one that repairs and mods aluminum and aircraft.... engineering aircraft as opposed to the perspective of a farmer, tractor mechanic or bus mechanic.
    RT188

16. Member
    I bought a second Tracker. I know a few people that did as well.
    Last edited by bassfisher444; 07-14-2021 at 09:38 AM.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    I bought a second Tracker.
    My bad.... my mistake. I now know of one. Good luck. Like I always said and said here....they float, and they can fish. They fit their niche.
    RT188

Roy, Roy, Roy.....

I thought the Tracker guys all got tired of living in the real world here and got your own forum where there was no bad things said about the boat.......and you could lead the owners in Kumbaya... and then you come here still.... interesting.

I have helped a friend work on a couple so I have a good bit of knowledge about them. They just don't impress me nearly as much as the RT series....all aluminum. It was putting such a dent in the sales of Tracker that JM bought the company.

The Ranger is not the boat it once was, I'll admit that. I think he made design changes to fit his plant and economy of scale like leaving off the heavy duty extruded aluminum centerline piece....but I am sure it cost less. It also eliminated one very differentiating piece that made it superior.

Another thing I notice is the people that buy RANGER buy another one and another one...I don't know anybody that bought a second Tracker..... sadly, that now may become Reality for Ranger as well.

There are just things I look for from an engineering view of one that repairs and mods aluminum and aircraft.... engineering aircraft as opposed to the perspective of a farmer, tractor mechanic or bus mechanic.
    Keyboard warrior, keyboard warrior, keyboard warrior,

I just wanted to post some real ranger quality on here is all. And its pre JM since it was 2014 model so it doesnt fit your little blame game agenda. The superior quality was never there they have just been a tin boat with a jon boat shape with a ranger sticker. You guys paid for that name and thats your choice if it made you feel better about your purchase thats great. Myself personally i would not own ANY tin boat because IMO they are inferior to glass after owning the new one. Doesnt make it right or wrong jist my opinion. There is no comparison. Like i said it was a stepping stone for us they are not pro grade boats and they are not intended to be. And i fished from the precious rt188 several times and like you said about another. Yea it will float……. Just a casual observation ive noticed over the years you talk about the other forum. This was a great forum before. The common factor all the pain in the asses on here seem to own a particular brand. Just saying. You are no exception___________. Oh yea i cant put your name youre one of those….
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

19. Member
    Alright girls bitch slap each other at 10 paces and get over it🙄

20. Member
    He hasn't been around here for a while, but Roy still loves to argue and still hates the Ranger RT series.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast