Thread: Zxr21 vs fxr21

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Zxr21 vs fxr21

Ok so looking to buy one or the other..what are the main differences between the two? Is there a front deck width diffrence which is a biggie for me? Just sold my 21i so that will be my reference to compare either boat to..

FXR will have full padded front deck as opposed to just the casting deck, touch pad buttons, fiberglass fenders, both stock electronics will be 12 as opposed to a 12 and a 9. Standard with hydraulic jackplate too I think. Prior to 2022 the deck layout and cooler lid were different but now it's pretty much the same.

3. Member
    FXR has more pumps also. I ran an FXR and am currently in a ZXR. For my guide service, the ZXR is the best choice for me. I will be staying with a ZXR in the 2022 model year.

4. Member
    Yea I dont need all the fancy extras as I'm used to not having them in my 06 but deck width and ride are biggies for me

I went with the ZXR for the same reason. The only thing I’m gonna do with those fiberglass fenders on the trailer is blow em up. And I wanted physical switches instead of touchpad. Them adding the extra power pole (raptor) and switching off the team deck made it a no brainer.

I would like a tool / cup holder up at the trolling motor like the fxr does. May see if that’s an orderable part.

6. Member
    I believe the FXR plate at the front can be ordered and just replace the ZXR one. Or, take the ZXR one to local machine shop and they can cut in the tool holders. Note: the 2022 ZXR's will be coming with 2 raptors.

7. Member
    Sounds like the zxr21 is a winner..now just have to find one for sale under 70k with the way these nut jobs are pricing boats these days thats harder said then done

8. Member
    Depending what you add to it that should be attainable.

Quote Originally Posted by kgabriele1114 View Post
    Sounds like the zxr21 is a winner..now just have to find one for sale under 70k with the way these nut jobs are pricing boats these days thats harder said then done

You should have no issue getting one under that price since they are a nationally priced rig.

10. Member
    The NAP will be under 70k, now if we can just find some in stock....

11. Member
    Found a 2021 with 2 poles 40 hours and a q2 Garmin with live up front for 65k

Found a 2021 with 2 poles 40 hours and a q2 Garmin with live up front for 65k
    Good price!

13. Member
    Problem is I was just quoted 65500 for a 2022 zxr21 with the new sho 2 raptors n dual 12helix..

Problem is I was just quoted 65500 for a 2022 zxr21 with the new sho 2 raptors n dual 12helix..

Guess you gotta decide if having to wait is worth it.

15. Member
    That is an awesome price, especially considering NAP on that boat for 2022 is $65,695 w/ new sho, 2 raptors and a 12 & 9 helix.

16. Member
    I like the 2022 for that price!

17. Member
    Well that was easy decision bc no wait involved..boat is there at dealership showed up today..said he will unwrap it tomorrow and send me pics of it..all I know is it's blue..I believe it's option 2 blue/grey but I told him whatever he needs a deposit or anything that it's sold I take it and he said deal so now just gotta get it done asap

A local dealer here has (had) one of the new 2022 models in stock with the new SHO. I called about it the first day they had it listed and it was gonna be around $66k out the door and came with a hydraulic plate. I told the guy I would call back later in the day to give a deposit and it sold before I could call him back lol

Edit: This was the ZXR20, not the 21. Not sure how much difference in pricing they would be
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

19. Member
    Well that was easy decision bc no wait involved..boat is there at dealership showed up today..said he will unwrap it tomorrow and send me pics of it..all I know is it's blue..I believe it's option 2 blue/grey but I told him whatever he needs a deposit or anything that it's sold I take it and he said deal so now just gotta get it done asap
    Im jealous. Still waiting on my 2021. Estimated delivery is tomorrow and still no word from skeeter what the status is.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    Im jealous. Still waiting on my 2021. Estimated delivery is tomorrow and still no word from skeeter what the status is.
    I’d cancel and get a 2022 with new Yamaha and better cooler lid lay out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast