Nitro 5% increase today

pro packages went up 5% today.

2. Member
    Yeah. That’s in addition to their almost 10% a couple weeks ago. �� It’s BS. Especially since I already placed my order.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetch114 View Post
    Yeah. That’s in addition to their almost 10% a couple weeks ago. �� It’s BS. Especially since I already placed my order.
    If you already had your order in the system the increase won't affect you. My order went in Wednesday and my dealer (Pros Choice Marine) a board sponsor, called me
    and said since my order was in before Friday the price increase does not affect me. So if your dealer had your order in the system before Friday it won't
    pertain to you. You're actually money ahead before you get the boat. That doesn't happen very often.

4. Member
    Raw materials are going up in price. everything will have a increase it just costs more to make things today
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffytilly View Post
    If you already had your order in the system the increase won't affect you. My order went in Wednesday and my dealer (Pros Choice Marine) a board sponsor, called me
    and said since my order was in before Friday the price increase does not affect me. So if your dealer had your order in the system before Friday it won't
    pertain to you. You're actually money ahead before you get the boat. That doesn't happen very often.
    Thanks for that information.

6. Member
    What I heard was prices won’t even be guaranteed going forward. Meaning, from now on prices can raise on orders until delivery is taken. It’s like a blank check on non stock boats. I am getting pretty frustrated, every time I get ready to order the sticks get moved. I didn’t expect prices to be raised so soon after the yearly refresh.

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocker84 View Post
    What I heard was prices won’t even be guaranteed going forward. Meaning, from now on prices can raise on orders until delivery is taken. It’s like a blank check on non stock boats. I am getting pretty frustrated, every time I get ready to order the sticks get moved. I didn’t expect prices to be raised so soon after the yearly refresh.
    The FTC [Federal Trade Commission] does not allow prices to be raised once an order is placed. So what you heard is incorrect and illegal. Addressing your 4th sentence, however, the sticks can be moved at any time *on imaginary orders.* That is, orders not placed but only considered. Shipping container costs have risen many hundreds of percent in the past 12 months, to name only one of the factors driving recent manufactured-goods price rises. If the manufacturer is not exempt from weekly/monthly price increases, future prices on orders not yet placed might be in jeopardy.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    The FTC [Federal Trade Commission] does not allow prices to be raised once an order is placed. So what you heard is incorrect and illegal. Addressing your 4th sentence, however, the sticks can be moved at any time *on imaginary orders.* That is, orders not placed but only considered. Shipping container costs have risen many hundreds of percent in the past 12 months, to name only one of the factors driving recent manufactured-goods price rises. If the manufacturer is not exempt from weekly/monthly price increases, future prices on orders not yet placed might be in jeopardy.
    Thank you John.

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I admired your comment, Larry, about being ahead of the game before you get the boat if your order precedes a price increase. That is exactly how I am viewing my own recent order. Buying any commodity is like that: aiming at a moving target. I need a new tv now and would rather wait until I have more ready cash on hand to buy one, but the way things are going re manufactured goods, I’m not at all sure that A) the price will be as good or better in a few months, or B) the one I want will be available then. I think I can live without a tv if necessary, though. Possibly even live without a new boat!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

10. Member
    You might want to verify that a price cannot be raised once an order has been placed. This is happening with rv orders. I've read of several instances where the dealer, one of which was Camping World, raised the price significantly after the rv was completed saying the factory had raised the price and they had no choice but pass it on to the buyer. One guy on our Jayco forum had his order raised $8K and was told to take it or leave it. He chose to leave it after exploring all his legal options and finding nothing that would help. I hope you are locked in on your price and it would seem a dealer who wants to stay in business would honor it.

The fifth wheel we bought last year has had it's MSRP increase $18K for the exact same model. I priced my 21 Z18 vs the new pricing on a 22 model and it makes me glad I got them when I did.
    Last edited by jtrac; 07-11-2021 at 10:34 PM.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

11. Member
    This is something we are going to have to get use to, like it or not. And it's not just boats. Have you been to the grocery store lately? Or the gas station? We have enjoyed low inflation for quite a while but it will raise its ugly head even more in the near future. You can hedge your purchase by buying on credit now, betting that your interest will be lower than cost increases in the future, but that does not always work out.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

12. Member
    More to come.

13. Member
    I bought a 2021 Z20 in December. The exact same 2022 is $5,900.00 more.