Table Rock vacation

So, the family and I are heading down to Table Rock for vacation next week. I’ve never fished outside of Wisconsin so I’m just looking for some tips. We’re staying right on the lake where Little Aunts Creek(?) comes in to the lake, if that helps at all. I’ve heard to go down by the dam. I’ve never caught a spotted bass, so that’s my main goal. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Member
    You have a boat? I hired a guide. Went out with Brian Snowden. Had a blast.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

I’ll be bringing my boat down. I’ll only have a couple hours each morning since the wife has a full schedule for us during the day.

4. Member
    We go every year. Most times pattern is gravel flats that are out on main lake points. Early (day break) a top water bite can work or closer to the bank w bottom bait. As the sun gets up you need to move out in 25 foot of water - fish 15-25ft. I use a 1/4oz shakey head w 3 inch chigger craw (green pumpkin). The bent pole pattern works for choosing which points. For what it's worth - good luck.

5. Member
    Sorry I am no help. I have been once at Thanksgiving time. If you get by the Dam on the river side is a place to trout fish. My son showed all the fly fisherman how to catch them in about 5 cast with a 1/4oz chrome/blue. rattle trap. IMG_4847.JPG
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

6. Member
    Find yourself a transition bank or 2 where the bluff ends taper down to chunk rock or gravel and drag a jig or shakey head .. The top water bite has been mostly hit and miss , If you can find them chasing the ol' whopper plopper has been working some for me.
    If all else fails the small swimbait bite is still there. A 1/8 oz head on a Keitech 2.8 or 3.3.

I’ve done pretty well off Indian Point with a drop shot in 40–50ft. Learned how to needle fish before I arrived. It was helpful and necessary.

2013 Z9 250 Pro XS 1B936712
    <'/////>< Tie one on... The knots for life.

Thanks for the help guys. We had an amazing time on that beautiful lake. I was able to fish for a few hours Monday and Tuesday and at night for a hour a couple other days. In the 10 hours I had to fish I stayed close to our cabin and was able to catch some spotted bass and a few largemouth. Nothing big but I didn’t care much. Got a good top water and drop shot combo. I definitely want to get back and explore some more.