Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2. Member
    Yes it is, looks like a good job. I used alot of bricks too. Getya a cold one while the glue dries.

3. Member
    Yes. Lots of work. I used contact cement so no waiting for it to stick but better stick it in the right place.

4. Member
    Helped do a friends about 4 years ago. Man that’s hard work. I’m in a position that now I will pay for mine to get done when it’s time.

Looks good BTW.

5. Member
    Look's good . Mind's so old it's dry rotted . Easy to remove .

6. Member
    Looks exactly like the deck on my Stratos, minus the dirt, cracked gel coat and stains.

7. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    A lot of work but makes the boat look 100% better you did a good job... I did mine twice both times under $400 dollars total ,just time that is precious to some don't rush and do it right.
    Last edited by twitch; 07-09-2021 at 05:59 AM.
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Installing it on is not bad. Getting the old glue off was the hard part.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

I do several boats a year and the final results are well worth the pain getting all the old glue off.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

10. Member
    League City, TX/Lake Sam Rayburn (Rayburn Country)
    I’ve carpeted one bass boat. Blazer 210 proV years back. At one time Blazer has stitched edge carpet, really nice but expensive.

I had to cut all the pieces and take to a rug place in Houston and they stitched the edges. It was 2-300 bucks to have it stitched, but that dark grey carpet with black stitched edges came out really looking good. The factory carpet had stitching same color as the carpet, I figured black would look better and it did.

I bought rubber and glued padding down too. It came out nice. Was a lot of work.

Materials are not that expensive for the appearance gain as an owner. The labor is extremely intensive and hiring it done is an expensive process. Stripping and reassembly is a real messy job to tackle and the little things that go sideways always complicate the reassembly.
    For a good do-it-your-selfer it's well worth the value in time.

Also guys, we've upped our Premium level carpeting in 2022 to a custom made 28 ounce marine carpet.

We do still carry limited supplies of 24 ounce for replacement and we have one color in a 16 ounce version, which is the same as some manufacturers use on their products stock.

BCB
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 07-10-2021 at 08:32 AM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Materials are not that expensive for the appearance gain as a owners. The labor is extremely intensive and hiring it done is an expensive process. Stripping and reassembly is a real messy tackle and the little things that go sideways always complicated the reassembly.
    For a good do-it-your-selfer it's well worth the value in time.

Also guys, we've upped our Premium level carpeting in 2022 to a custom made 28 ounce marine carpet.

We do still carry limited supplies of 24 ounce for replacement and we have one color in a 16 ounce version, which is the same as some manufacturers use on their products stock.

BCB
    What carpets will be available in the bcb store? I know lots of people buy yalls stuff to redo their own.

13. Banned
    Looks great!

yes, it can be a pain!

my one time winter project, complete restored! 2003 Xpress H51

before:
    xpress striped down.png

after:
    xpress at dock.jpg

14. Scraps
    Good job by you. Looks like lots of elbow grease and back pain, but looks really good.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Hardest part as said is getting the old glue off . It is not real hard just really time consuming . Especially being one that wants it perfect .

16. Member
    Man, you can say that again.....hehehe. Well done
    ..👍 It's worth it in the end, but, it is a lot of work.

They will offer all our colors in 28, 24 and 16 ounce. The 28 ounce is all custom woven for us and until the carpet factory gets ramped up it’s not online to parts yet. The 16 ounce we only carry midnight star in. We continue to have the 24 ounce online.

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    What carpets will be available in the bcb store? I know lots of people buy yalls stuff to redo their own.

18. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    I used the thick 28 carpet, don’t do that gentleman unless your boat already has it. Or you will be taking a heavy electric trimmer and cut it down for each lid a whole lot more than you think. And my lids are still tight as a virgins ass.
    lota work, all mine were aluminum lids, main deck was marine plywood, I recoated the plywood with 2 coats of painted on 3m fiberglass resin to waterproof completely again, and then new carpet, other things also took 50 gal gas tank out cleaned it , reinstalled all new lines and filler line, glad I did 1999 filler line had a small crack on top of it. Rerouted the cooler new drain hose to bottom of boat instead of floor behind seats. Lota work then wet sanded 3 times, 3m compounded , sealed, polished . 3 months hard work.

19. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Make sure whoever, that you keep the carpet grain for lack of better word. The same way or when your done you will have a um
    say different looking carpeting on boat ,nap going one way and a lid nap going another, can look very odd.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JER-1 BIG BASS View Post
    Make sure whoever, that you keep the carpet grain for lack of better word. The same way or when your done you will have a um
    say different looking carpeting on boat ,nap going one way and a lid nap going another, can look very odd.
    Before I start carpeting I turn it over and stencil arrows on the back all pointing the same way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast