Daiwa Steez guide

I am going to be replacing a guide on a Steez rod, does any one know what kind of guides these are?

2. Member
    That rod has been made for better thana decade, I bet it hasn't used the same guide and sizes over that time period.

3. Member
    Well, I found out some info direct from Daiwa, good story for you….. this is a new rod with the air guide system, so the guides are exclusive to Daiwa, I contacted them direct and asked about buying a guide and was told Daiwa does it sell rod components like guides, I said ok can you direct me to some place I can get these for a replacement for a broken guide, I was told you can’t these are exclusive to Daiwa no one else can sell them. I said so let me understand this, you sell a $600 rod to someone and they bang the guide in their rod locker and break it they can not get an exact guide replacement any where? He said that’s right, they can send it back to use and we can evaluate it for warranty. I said so if I it not covered under warranty the person with this$600 rod is SOL for matching that guide, he says ahhhhh I guess that’s right. I said I guess that’s a real incentive for someone to buy a rod like this , he said I am sorry you feel that way.

4. Member
    It's a fishing rod, a tool, put a black titanium guide on it and put it back to work, somewhere I saw someone was making graphite guides, but they are big saltwater rod guides, and unbelievably expensive.

5. Member
    I’d be pissed. Try reaching out to st croix they use them now on the legend extreme. Chances are extremely slim though. Also call the tackle trap they are tight with daiwa
    Nitro z21

6. Member
    Yes Spoonplugger I agree, but this rod is not mine I am doing a repair and wanted to try to get it back to like new it broke on the second day used, I hate to say I would never pay that kind of money for a rod. This rod is actually owned by a person that we all watch on TV that fishes for a living and I thought it would be neat to get it back to him like new. He has already said match it the best I can so I am looking now for a good match. I just think it stinks that when other people pay that kind of money for a rod they cant get a replacement guide. I have called several rod companies in the past to ask what guide size and type is on certain rods and they not only tell me in some cases have just sent a replacement at no cost, I think this policy stinks. I can see not selling guides on the open market but replacement guides like this ?