Any tips for shoring up a loose windsheild?

I have a 520L dual console and for some reason the drivers side windscreen is loose, becomes loose but not the passenger side.
    Anyway there are 3 Phillip head screws on each side of the windscreen (6) total and only a few will tighten.

I always check them and tighten them but have never "over tightened" them and yet many are stripped.
    How would you fix this issue?

Quick fix is a ziptie end placed in hole before screwing it down. Then try next bigger screw and if all else fails plug the hole{marine tex?} and start all over.

Just go up one or two sizes on the screw. Simple, cheap and easy.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    Had a 462 and one ws cracked from being loose. so I got a new ws and then thru drilled the drivers and passenger consoles and put the windscreen on with small SS bolt and nylock nuts from a kit from Harbor Freight. I have a gasket punch that makes a gasket about the dia of a 25 cent piece and I cut some circles from that diamond rubber mat'l that you use on the bow. The diamond mat'l has a sticky side and I put a piece on the inside and outside surfaces of the ws, then the SS bolt thru the rubber with a finish washer on the outside and a SS washer and the nylock nut under the consoles. That ended the PIA loose windscreens. Oh, had to buy a special bit to drill the new ws at about $25 !!!!!!!!!! Still have it and someone can buy it for a lot less from meif they need the special drill bit.

5. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    go up 2 sizes in screw size should take care of the problem cheap and quick....
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

6. Member
    To close this one out I rummaged through my screw / bolt drawer and did not have what i wanted. So to save myself a trip to the hardware store I cut up a zip tie and stuffed it in the holes that were loose. Worked like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    To close this one out I rummaged through my screw / bolt drawer and did not have what i wanted. So to save myself a trip to the hardware store I cut up a zip tie and stuffed it in the holes that were loose. Worked like a charm
    I learned that trick on here

8. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdadking View Post
    Quick fix is a ziptie end placed in hole before screwing it down. Then try next bigger screw and if all else fails plug the hole{marine tex?} and start all over.
    Toothpick trick works well also Crawdad.......................RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by GhostComanche View Post
    Toothpick trick works well also Crawdad.......................RR
    True