Lake Recomendations

Long time lurker, I am looking for advice on lake choice to spend a week in Wisconsin fishing. I will be taking my wife so someplace where there is mor action than size. I will be taking my Ranger R80 sport, having a hard time finding any openings on lakes and resorts. Thinking late July or early august. Looke around Hayward area and found no available resorts. Prefer to drop boat in a lake for week , rather not pull it out every nite. I mainly wanted a place to escape midwest heat and my wife to enjoy the time. Thanks in advance

2. Member
    Look at the Chetek Chain of lakes. Plenty of resorts but not sure on availability. Lots of panfish and bass to be had. Sneaky good walleye lake too.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

3. Member
    That is on my list. I fished Chetek many years ago, fun place. So far no availability

4. Member
    Look on Hayward Lakes web site I saw a few. VRBO is a great site but in higher use than this local site. Sandy Shores on the aforementioned site is one that caught my eye. The three premier Hayward lakes IMHO are Grindstone LCO and Big Round. Good luck it's way late in the game. Try also after Labor Day with the first week in October being the traditional fall color week, lots of festivals and fall fishing is better anyway

5. Member
    I was hoping to find a place on LCO. I know july, aigust fishing is not best. I start working long hrs mid september

6. Member
    Curriers in Rice lake was a nice place. Lots of lakes around that area to fish as well that are a short drive (20-30 minutes). Red Cedar, Chetac, Long, Shell, Bear, Chetak chain
    Fish have fins, they swim

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy57 View Post
    That is on my list. I fished Chetek many years ago, fun place. So far no availability

I figured that might be the case.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

I just stayed @ Grand Pines on Round Lake in Hayward..nice place with their own launch and docks....decent fishing for smallies and largies as well.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"