Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My recent experience(s) with Tech Support mirrors many of the above comments. Historically, I found Tech Support to be easy to reach, knowledgeable and responsive. However my latest experience regarding my AS 360 TM unit was painful: During the installation of a Garmin Livescope, my trolling motor had pinched my 360 cables. I called to see whether this was repairable. In total, I placed 5 calls to HB Tech Support, waiting on average 1+ hours to connect each time. On only one of those 5 calls did the automated messaging system flip to the feature that allowed for the automated callback function. The results from my discussions were: First call: Tech did not know whether they could service my 360 unit, but said he would research and get back with me. After two weeks with no return call or email response, I reached out again. Same response and again no follow-up to address the issue. Third call, spoke with a tech person that researched my question and told me that HB has discontinued servicing the AS 360 TM unit, and that no parts were not available to service my unit. I was offered the opportunity to send in my damaged unit, pay $544 and upgrade to the Mega 360 unit. I wanted to think about this option for a day as it required me to upgrade my Gen 2 Helix 12 DI unit to function with the mega 360 unit. I called back the next day, fourth call, was on hold for over 1 hour before speaking with tech support,. I received a RA# for shipping my 360 unit to HB, I provided a Credit Card # and purchased the mega 360 unit. A week goes by and I receive a copy of the paid invoice and a shipping tracking number via email. A week later, I receive a package from HB that contains a AS 360 TM head unit (no pole, or mounting bracket)! I place two more calls to HB before reaching a tech, I review my situation with him, spending over an hour sending him pictures of the head unit, shipping box, etc. for the head unit that was sent to me. I ask what the cost would be for me to simply keep the AS 360 head unit that was shipped to me and I'm told they would accept the $544 I previously paid as payment for the head unit. I told him that made little since to pay $544 for a discontinued, no serviceable head unit that did not contain the mounting pole or bracket, so after spending an additional 30+ mins on the phone with him, I'm now shipping back the head unit they sent to me and receiving the mega 360 unit I had originally ordered. It was a very frustrating experience, given in total I spent over 6 hours of time either trying to reach and/or on the phone with tech support on something that should of been able to be address during my first call into HB. Something does seem to be going on at HB headquarters, and it does not seem to be positive in terms of tech support.
    Last edited by Ralbertina; 07-10-2021 at 09:14 AM.

2. Member
    I think their service is fantastic. Some of the nicest people and they make it right.

3. Member
    They’re probably a little busy with the increased numbers of people fishing, which increases numbers of support calls. Not to mention parts and labor shortages. Also if people are being like they are at my job I’m sure they’re dealing with people being downright rotten.

Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    I don't have an issue, friends don't have issues, companies I sell to and buy from don't have issues. Local groceries are having issues, restaurants and other service places too. I wonder what the problem could be ????

Here's a hint ..... my pay scale. I wouldn't ask my high school errand runner to work for what these folks work for. You show up and work is worth more than their pay scale. That is how you get and keep good employees.
    Based on what they charge for their products, they should be able to pay a decent labor rate.

5. Member
    Just called and got a RA# to send in solix 12, total phone call time 13 minutes 4 seconds

6. Banned
    i always just email deb and get an answer in minutes

I don't have an issue, friends don't have issues, companies I sell to and buy from don't have issues. Local groceries are having issues, restaurants and other service places too. I wonder what the problem could be ????

Here's a hint ..... my pay scale. I wouldn't ask my high school errand runner to work for what these folks work for. You show up and work is worth more than their pay scale. That is how you get and keep good employees.
    so you know what they pay support people? i bet it's comparable to the rest of the market.

they are even offering a $1500 bonus, so it's def a shortage of people. no one wants to work when you can stay home and get paid by the government

https://www.johnsonoutdoors.com/care.../tech-supp-rep

too bad they don't have remote level 3 options, I might help em out

https://www.johnsonoutdoors.com/care...t-support-tech
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 07-14-2021 at 07:39 AM.

I haven’t used their support in quite a while but when I did I could reach out to Debra via email and got what I needed taken care of. One reason I went with HB was their customer service. Planning on continuing with them when I upgrade next, hope they are back on their game soon.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

8. Member
    In case I need a HB contact , what is best way to contact Deb?

Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    They’ve been crappy for years now. Only way to get through is do the call back and put tour live on hold waiting for the phone to ring. Then they just read from the script and then get you off the phone. Not to mention the software and hardware issues over and over. Bad thing is after investing thousands with them kind of stuck now.
    Yep, that's been my experience as well. Not impressed with their support at all. I'm always shocked when I see others talk about their support like it is award winning because my experience with them has been anything but.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    i always just email deb and get an answer in minutes

so you know what they pay support people? i bet it's comparable to the rest of the market.

they are even offering a $1500 bonus, so it's def a shortage of people. no one wants to work when you can stay home and get paid by the government

https://www.johnsonoutdoors.com/care.../tech-supp-rep

too bad they don't have remote level 3 options, I might help em out

https://www.johnsonoutdoors.com/care...t-support-tech
    Paying "comparable to the rest of the market" means nothing when the prevailing minimum is so low. The folks I know that pay double the "market" have zero issues with employees. Those that pay "market rate" complain about their employees not caring all the time. I can't imagine why ?????

Saying folks don't want to work because of the extra money should be a wake up call to employers not a bashing opportunity. Those that use this as a reason them can't hire need to sit down and do a budget on what they pay. They couldn't work for that either.

11. Banned
    those jobs are entry-level positions, not careers. they are not meant to be high-paying positions.

if you raise bottom-end pay, are you going to adjust mine that I worked 30 years to get to?

Paying "comparable to the rest of the market" means nothing when the prevailing minimum is so low. The folks I know that pay double the "market" have zero issues with employees. Those that pay "market rate" complain about their employees not caring all the time. I can't imagine why ?????

Saying folks don't want to work because of the extra money should be a wake up call to employers not a bashing opportunity. Those that use this as a reason them can't hire need to sit down and do a budget on what they pay. They couldn't work for that either.
    The problem is that there are MANY in this country who are lazy and don't want to work period. And our government has made this possible by providing an avenue to make not working a "career choice" for those who just don't want to work. Simply put, it's penalizing the trying and rewarding the lazy. A recent example is all those who are choosing to sit at home and do nothing and draw the extra unemployment and stimulus money instead of working. The solution is twofold in my opinion: 1) Cut the freebies off and make the lazy work, and 2) expect people to do their jobs and hold them accountable to do so.

The answer is not just to double peoples pay and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    those jobs are entry-level positions, not careers. they are not meant to be high-paying positions.

if you raise bottom-end pay, are you going to adjust mine that I worked 30 years to get to?
    Totally agree !!! The solution is not "let's just double minimum wage", because it is rewarding the lazy and penalizing the trying who has made an effort in their life like you for 30 years. That will lead to higher prices and inflation on everything and in the end those who had their pay doubled will be even more worse off (as will the rest of us) because the price of everything will be higher.

14. Member
    I guess that's me! I quit working 20 years ago. I worked for 40 and that's enough. I too am concerned about inflation.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12