Thread: Ghost props

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ghost props

Good news for Ghost users, spare props are starting to ship, I was just notified I have one on the way from TW. AquaTech Marine in Florida is also selling a modified MinnKota prop that will fit, I got one last week, but haven't tried it out yet.

2. Member
    After you install the AquaTech prop, please post a review. I am sitting on the fence about buying one.

3. Member
    Same

4. Bigshooter51
    Please let us know how well this prop works for you I'm definitely interested in getting one if they work well Thank You

5. Moderator
    Interesting. Will have to check out the Aqua Tech.

6. Moderator
    Didn't see the modified Minn Kota prop. Did see the weed monster though. Any link for the prop?

Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Didn't see the modified Minn Kota prop. Did see the weed monster though. Any link for the prop?
    The Ghost Grass Chopper prop is a MK prop machined to go on the Ghost, I'm going to try it next week. Up here in Mt we have more rock than grass, and the factory Ghost prop does not hold up at all. I ran MG and MK before the ghost and never had an issue. Love the motor, don't love the factory prop!

8. Moderator
    What happens if you break the prop? Would they sell just the prop?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    What happens if you break the prop? Would they sell just the prop?
    They do sell just the prop, been short on supply lately.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit53 View Post
    After you install the AquaTech prop, please post a review. I am sitting on the fence about buying one.
    I ran the Aqua Tech Marine prop on the Ghost for a solid week, fishing 9-10 hours a day. I like it way better than the Ghost prop, seemed quieter and was better balanced than the original prop. Didn't fish around any weeds, so I can't say how it does there.

11. Member
    Can you tell us what it does better
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

ya im on #5. The cal delta and these props don't mix. At $45 each I will be in the poor house soon.
    1992 RANGER 392V 200 MERC

13. Member
    I must have seen the wrong prop. Went to aqua tech and saw a ghost grass prop but it said $140!!

14. Member
    I believe what you saw was the "kit", which is the prop + balancing nut. I recently bought and installed one. I have only used it one trip, but it performs well. Like you and others, I am curious if they would sell the prop only. BTW, you reuse your existing shear pin, as the kit doesn't include one.

15. Member
    It may not as I believe the shear pin is not easily removable.

16. Banned

It’s past time for Lowrance to kill this awful easy break prop and come out with prop 2.0
    As many others I am on prop #4 in 18 months plus original… last one tip chipped off and I tried to stay under 5/10 speed…
    this is BAD MOJO…obvious ISSUE!!!

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

Thumbs Up

It’s past time for Lowrance to kill this awful easy break prop and come out with Ghost prop 2 !!!

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

19. Member
    Looked a ghost prop awhile back...looks like the same prop that came on my ix5 motor guide they were super easy to chip, I fit a MK weedless wedge on my xi5 with a little mod, been super happy with the up grade.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    I ran the Aqua Tech Marine prop on the Ghost for a solid week, fishing 9-10 hours a day. I like it way better than the Ghost prop, seemed quieter and was better balanced than the original prop. Didn't fish around any weeds, so I can't say how it does there.
    I did too down at Lake Guntersville last week. Cuts weeds like a knife. No fouled props by any of the grasses: eel grass, milfoil, coontail, lily pads, or hydrilla. Just the opposite of the stock prop. I could run my Ghost at 5 or 6 and go pretty much where ever I wanted. I did not fish any mats so the verdict is still out on that but I feel confident it will handle those too. Probably have it turned up to 8+ in those situations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast