2008 Stratos 294xl hot foot install

Hello, I just picked up a 294xl with a 200 etec and love the set up other than it doesn’t have a hot foot and it gets a little hairy taking a hand off the wheel at WOT. Can anyone confirm what length of throttle cable is required? It currently has a 14’ but I think that will be too short. Thanks

2. Member
    Anyone?

I have not bought a Stratos without a hot foot since 1992 ordering my first 93 201 and the dealer ultimately installed one. If memory serves me, I believe they attach to the existing throttle cables so the extension cabling would be roughly the same for every boat motor combo?
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

2ft longer than your current throttle cable was what I found from some posts on here. I can't read the length on my cable so I did some rough guessing and ordered a 15ft but I have yet to install it as the used hotfot I bought ended up a pile of junk while trying to clean and repair it so haven't figured out if 15 was right or not yet.
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

5. Member
    I put one in my Stratos 295. Once you select and install the cable, mounting the hotfoot can take as little as 5 minutes. Lowes has stainless steel self tapping sheet metal bolts with a hex head. Inexpensive. Once you make sure you're far enough inboard the screws won't hit the hull, just drive them in blind with a portable drill and socket. They will be behind the pedal so you can't see them but they do just fine.

6. Member
    Thanks for the info did you end up installing with the 15ft cable? Thanks