alumacraft pro 175 pros and cons

anyone running this boat that can give me info good and bad. looking at a 2018 with 60 merc 4 stroke 20 hrs on motor

2. Member
    I had the boat and liked it for the most part, but something went wrong with mine. I did go over a rock and it probably broke some stuff.

I liked the layout a lot, especially after I removed the front center livewell and that just opened the entire bow for storage. I fished it a ton. The ride is what it is, if you have rode in a flat bottom you know how it is, if not you may want to first.

Alumacraft could do a better job with fit and finish in running hoses and wires, I don't think there was a single hose I did not redo and I completely rearranged the battery trays - you can get 3 31s in there and still be able to get to the pumps if you take out that stupid tray they put in. For electrical, I left theirs alone, just bundled it together to keep it neatish and added a nice fuse panel to run everything I added.

My 175's death: (even though im pretty sure the guy I sold it to welded it and is fishing it hard)
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1069137

3. Member
    The title of your post is the reason I would keep looking, trust me i know first hand

4. Member
    Burney,

Gotta say I like your signature graphic -

I recently acquired a 2020 Alumacraft Pro 175 with a 90hp Suzuki 4cyl; my understanding is there are a few minor differences from the 2018 version.

I've only had mine out twice now since rigging it with a MotorGuide Tour Pro 82lb 24V TM, and a BBT single console mount for my Helix 10. Still breaking in the motor (less than 4hrs on it), but it rides well, very stable, love the size of the casting decks. I found it easy to pull my own wires for a 4th battery (located it in a small storage box behind driver seat) to send power to a dedicated fuse block under console, and running power and ethernet cable from console to the bow for a sonar using the MotorGuide transducer and data from my Helix.

So far my negatives are the excess cable length Alumacraft installed for the Trolling Motor (it must be long enough for a 24 foot boat) as well as the harness to the console, and also the power cables to the motor are excessively long. I'm sure they save money by using the same harnesses for multiple boat models, but the excess TM cables left in the bow make it difficult to store 7 ft rods in the center rod locker. However, they'll go in, but some are going under the cable, some go over it. I'm going to start using rod socks. Am tempted to reduce the length of the harness at the bow this next winter.

Wish you the best in making your decision.
    Ash

20210619_Pro 175 port side view.jpg

5. Member
    thanks for info

The majority of 175 boats are a great middle ground between too large and too small. I was looking at an Alumacraft pro 175 earlier this year before I picked up my Bass Tracker. They appear to be a nice looking boat but as expected, any boat which is mass produced like these are bound to have their nuances, case and point the long wiring issue for the troller being mentioned above. That sort of thing is easy to remedy if you are even remotely handy with electrical.

My advice is this: if the layout best suits your needs, and the price falls within your reasonable budget range, give it a shot. My Merc 60 has been stellar so far and I don't see why yours shouldn't be any different. Given the fact that you would have a boat about half a foot or so longer in length than myself, your max effort speeds will be far different and usually less from the kind that a smaller boat with the same motor is capable of achieving.

I am going to totally agree with the comment above me in which said make sure you ride in a flat bottom boat first if thats the kind that the 175 is. Some are surprisingly smooth even in the swells and whitecaps. Despite my spinal issues I can get wherever I need to in a reasonable amount of time in my rig even if I have to slow down in some sections to take it easy on the boat, not even on myself because I don't feel most of it. Most of your modern day hulls are well designed and made in such a way where it's structure absorbs the majority of the impacts that the hull will see in the water. Best of luck in your search!
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    22P 3 blade Tempest Plus propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

7. Member
    I would pass on that, a 60hp is too small for that boat, needs a 75hp at minimum 90 or 115hp would be better.