Thread: 300R.....Eyra!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They have a 300R combo slated on the list for one of the meeting boats and Public Demo Day.

2. Member
    Man…all these geniuses, Rick pierce needs to listen to y’all instead of building and designing high performance hulls that perform flawlessly.. I think BCB and RP knew exactly what they were doing with the design of the eyra.

elwood has shown what the eyra/300r can do. Not many out there that can outdrive what the boat is capable of and there is always a give and take like BCB mentioned.

hammer down boys.

Quote Originally Posted by YamahaRacing55 View Post
    Man…all these geniuses, Rick pierce needs to listen to y’all instead of building and designing high performance hulls that perform flawlessly.. I think BCB and RP knew exactly what they were doing with the design of the eyra.

elwood has shown what the eyra/300r can do. Not many out there that can outdrive what the boat is capable of and there is always a give and take like BCB mentioned.

hammer down boys.
    Well said.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

4. Member
    Make no mistake, I’m a performance and speed freak as much as anyone here, two wheels, four wheels and on the water. But as some know and many have said before, things happen fast at 70, even faster at 80+, and 85+ is a whole new ballgame that few here have adequate experience with. It’s not often conditions allow for 80+ Anyways, safely that is.. We are owners of some of the finest and quickest bass hulls on the market. Enjoy what’s been built by and available to us from BCB and I personally really enjoy knowing there are only a select few brands that can outrun most of us.. In the speed world, there is always someone faster, and always will be.

that being said, my father picked up elwoods eyra/SHO rig, almost a year ago now and it has been a BLAST to learn and drive. The eyra is certainly something special one has to experience in person, on the water, to fully understand.

5. Member
    BCB...Thank you for the explanation of the mods done to the Eyra. I have heard everything from the chines are over sized to a finish that makes it stick to the water to slow it down....ha ha Makes me feel a lot better about the combo that I have currently. My luck is that you will have a 300R on on of your demos that will be called a Cheetah and it will be a 90 plus boat.....just my luck...lol. Mark my words!!!! I will bust 90 this fall/winter. Close with a 89.6 mph run but no cookie. Even if I have to pull the rods and tackle out (I have never run the boat without all my gear in it)

And for those that want to know. After I have learned to adapt to the Sport Master lower and discovered a couple props that I like, I am in love with the boat. There is not a day on the water that I can not bust 83-5 regardless of load and when I am light it is like the first hill on a roller coaster. Head back, hair styled and bugs in the teeth from smiling the whole time. If you decide on the Torque Master then it is the same ride up to 85 and then it becomes unsafe because of the risk of blowing out and hooking the boat. But you can prop it out to stay in the low 80's and break your neck getting there. I tried a 26 Bravo once and it was 0-75 in 18 seconds.....not back bad for a detuned boat....lol I did hit the limiter at 82.

There are many faster but I have not seen but a couple and is amazing how many 80+ mph boats that can be run down at 75-78. Not bragging because that will bite you in the ass....just being honest.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

6. Moderator
    Eyra with a 3 hundy sounds like a blast!!!

7. Member
    I know this isn't Eyra related but it is go fast related. How well would a new Caracal run with a Sho that hydrotec has done their magic on? Getting ready to order a new boat and the Caracal has peaked my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sanner View Post
    I know this isn't Eyra related but it is go fast related. How well would a new Caracal run with a Sho that hydrotec has done their magic on? Getting ready to order a new boat and the Caracal has peaked my interest.
    I think there is a video of one getting to 82 on here if it has the 300 ecu, it gets to 75 faster than a Ford truck getting on the interstate. I don't see the point liabilities added up.
    Last edited by Fishysam; 07-22-2021 at 01:43 PM.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sblnchrd View Post
    what kind of speeds with the 300R torqmaster combo on the eyra and what pitch prop why not run this combo on the puma
    I was wandering the same thing.
    I am wanting to try the 300R on my puma.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sblnchrd View Post
    what kind of speeds with the 300R torqmaster combo on the eyra and what pitch prop why not run this combo on the puma
    Eyra is a different hull and pad than the Puma. The difference between the TM and SM lower is the top end safety factor. TM is safe up to 85 MPH, runs well below P to P and the SM is well beyond that and has a low water pick up allowing you to get more motor out of the water and decreasing drag. The cons is hole shot until you go through enough props to figure out what you want. The pro's are you will catch and out run most boats on the water....trust me it is fun. I do NOT think that the 300R is a good fit for the new Puma but the 300XS is a perfect fit and would make a great boat with little to no worries about hole shot or top end. The prop pitch and model will be personal choice. I think that BCB will have a good input on what you shouldd start with and I would think that a Bravo FS in a 24 for a 250 HP or a 26 for a 300 HP. Just my opinion.

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

11. Member
    I own an Eyra with a 250PXS 4S, at the dealers meeting this week I drove the Eyra with the 300R/torquemaster and it is a completely different animal, it did not have a hotfoot and driving with one hand while working throttle and trim with the other at speed was sporty to say the least. I hit 86.6 in a very short time on my first run so with time in the boat it is capable of ludicrous speed. Not sure what prop was on the boat but it has me rethinking my next boat purchase.

12. Member
    I have had zero issues with the Sport Master lower. The hole shot once you get a load in the boat is slow to put it nicely. But after 18 different props, I finally tried a 27 pitch three blade prop and and have a good hole shot (4 sec) and decent top end (87mph) with a full load and use it for my summertime tournament prop.. Mid 80's with the live well full. I also have a speed prop that I just got back from Hydromotive that I have not tried again. I got 85.5 with a partner and full wells last time I ran it. Besides speed the Sport Master is also great in big water. Just lower the engine and jet through the waves at 70+. And the handling is tight areas is also great and actually better than a Torque Master in my opinion. One of these days I am going to unload the compartments and run to lake with a high pitch just to see what she will do....lol

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

13. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    It seems that unless you are willing to spend big money on the Merc 5 blade prop, the new Sporty doesn't seem to work to its max potential. Elwood did you get a chance to try one on your rig?

14. Member
    Five blades sucked. Tried two Max fives, a P 5 and two Hill Signatures. Hull weight is to much for them. Tried 14 four blades and had some worked. Results varied. Hole shot sucked on all except a 26 pitch but it hit red line at 83. Finally tried a three blade and bam!!! Got a good all round prop. Just got a modded Hydromotive ot 4 back that has hit 85.5 with a partner and full live wells. Excited to run it. The powertech VMX I am running is very nice and a good tournament prop.

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

15. Member
    Elwood
    Would the 300R with a TM and propped for hole shot to 80mph be a good combo?
    The hole shot has always been the Eyra’s Achilles heel. Once on plane it’s a beast.

I had a 2014 Eyra that wasn’t propped properly. 26 fury 3. Was slow out the hole with live wells full and just myself.
    I now own a PII. As you know it’s a beast out the hole to 65mph.

If I could get the Eyra to do the same but to 75-80 mph it would be the cats meow. Pun intended! Lol.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

16. Member
    Sent you a PM

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Elwood
    Would the 300R with a TM and propped for hole shot to 80mph be a good combo?
    The hole shot has always been the Eyra’s Achilles heel. Once on plane it’s a beast.

I had a 2014 Eyra that wasn’t propped properly. 26 fury 3. Was slow out the hole with live wells full and just myself.
    I now own a PII. As you know it’s a beast out the hole to 65mph.

If I could get the Eyra to do the same but to 75-80 mph it would be the cats meow. Pun intended! Lol.

Don
    Ya, but it’s so fun to run people down from behind!

Powertech’s VMX has always presented some potential to us.

The Torquemaster case on the Eyra & 300R combo at EIA 2021 meeting was maxed to 87.8 we understand. Most inside capable of letting it roll have not had time to play with it. Mercury claims the case has been run into the 90’s without slipping.

We don’t know which dealership is getting that model either. The boats are mostly sold, with Bass Cat keeping 3 boats from the meeting. The Saphire Blue Puma STS is going to Boat Wrx.

BCB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12