Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AB7R View Post
    Checking to see if I can get my Ranger deposit back. I found a nexus dealer about 4 hrs away. Still far, but workable I think. Avx 18 about 3k more than ranger but still in budget.
    I think Vexus is for sure at the top of the list for aluminum boats
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    Btw, inserting "Bwahahahaha" into your posts (which you seem to do with regulatory) i?
    I build planes. Take them apart and repair them.
    And some people use big words they don't understand and they use them mistakenly
    ..... REGULATORY... is like a regulatory commission.... you probably meant regularly...or with regularity... which means somewhat often or scheduled. You should look up big words before you try to use them or stay with the easy ones....

Bwahahahaha
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

3. Member
    Again, is that the best you can do? I guess you're the consummate expert in regards to the English language as well as ALL things marine? ("Big words?")

Btw, you have yet to address ANYthing of substance I posted beyond petty and childish BS. My assumption is you're simply not capable of doing so.

Obviously, based off my previous words/wording I am reasonably literate. Authoring messages utilizing Swype combined with spell correct can be a bit dangerous, especially when in a hurry. However, feel free to pick the grammar, spelling, paragraphing, etc apart.

I've had enough of this particular "conversation" (I'm sure most who might have read "this" are tired of it as well) "Debating" folks who think they know everything is a hopeless endeavor and accomplishes nothing. It's always obfuscation and childish BS masking something....usually ignorance, insecurity, or something similar. Anyway, It's simply a waste of time and energy.
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 07-10-2021 at 12:10 PM.

4. Member
    Checking to see if I can get my Ranger deposit back. I found a nexus dealer about 4 hrs away. Still far, but workable I think. Avx 18 about 3k more than ranger but still in budget.
    Probably not. But I would still get the Vexus. Which
    Would you rather deal with should a warranty issue arise. JM INC or Vexus in Arkansas

5. Banned
    It all depends on the dealer and if you signed off on it being a non-refundable deposit. I would absolutely not tell them hey I want my deposit back so I can go buy a different boat. Just tell them hey something came up and I'm not able to purchase this boat at the time. Is there anyway my deposit can be refunded

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    The only thing I see as a possible advantage on the Tracker is the 150 HP as opposed to a 115. The overall quality on the Ranger is superior, it appears to be much better equipped, and resale value on Trackers is lousy. This would be a no-brainer for me.
    not to mention the bow is high at rest and boat rocks too much for me.
    Ranger is a superior boat and is stable overall better quality.

7. Banned
    Oh boy!............

For a boat in that price range I would look at a Avid

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    For a boat in that price range I would look at a Avid
    looks to be a great boat for a fair price! IF they can get motors??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

10. Member
    I have owned several xpress, ranger, and others. I looked for over a year and found a 2013 xpress x-19 dual console, on a dual axle trailer with 87 original hours. looks like new, paid half the money of a new one, and love it. The fit and finish are not as good a some others but i'm fine with that. I put on new electronics, and have a new trolling motor coming.

11. Member
    I would take a road trip and get this

https://fayar.craigslist.org/bod/d/2...348975832.html
    Andy

2004 Pro Craft 192 SuperPro

12. Banned
    That actually looks like a pretty decent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    Of course but we are not talking about glass boats.
    For the amount of money the op is talking about we should be talking glass boats. I wouldn't pay that much for any aluminum rig new or not, fn ridiculous.

14. Member
    Love our Vexus AVX1880!
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    For the amount of money the op is talking about we should be talking glass boats. I wouldn't pay that much for any aluminum rig new or not, fn ridiculous.
    That's why theirs more than one company in the world and multiple different styles of the same products. Each person wants or needs something different. For the lakes I fish and the way I fish a glass boat would be destroyed. Most of our lakes around here are just big swamps filled with stumps big rocks and God knows what else.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman90 View Post
    That's why theirs more than one company in the world and multiple different styles of the same products. Each person wants or needs something different. For the lakes I fish and the way I fish a glass boat would be destroyed. Most of our lakes around here are just big swamps filled with stumps big rocks and God knows what else.
    Yep.....100%

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    Yep.....100%
    Ending up with a new caymas cx18ss gts.

18. Member
    Great choice. I believe they are made by the old Triton people.

Looking for a new boat and think I have it down to these two. The Tracker is 1 yr old and used...but unused by the original owner. I may be able to transfer the warranty for $200 but the boat is on consignment and the think the consignment dealer may count as the second owner. Tracker has a 12V Terrova and a Lorance 5" FF, Vinyl floors throughout which I like and a ProXS 150 Merc. 34K OTD. Basically the cost of a new one.

The RT188 is new so new warranty, I am getting the 9" UHD Garmin and the 6" Garmin along with an 24V Ultrex TM. Has Merc ProXS 115 and the boat has the pad hull of a 188P. The 195 is about a foot longer and has a large bow casting deck.

When inspecting, the tracker welds did look suspect or sloppy and I found about 5 pinholes in the welds. The welds on the RT188 looked good. Also, the 188 has the boarding ladder and pop up cleats.

The price OTD on the 188 is 38K. Prices are rediculous!!! I think I am better off with spending the extra 4K for the Ranger. What do you all think??

Trailers are the same.

Thanks
    Greg
    USN Ret

Tracker probably will handle the rougher stuff due to the huge V on the front of that boat but I still wouldn't buy it. Knowbody should be using wood in their boats any more.

38K is a decent price OTD for the 188 which is the one I would go with. Might try to get the to upgrade the 6" Garmin to another 9".

20. Member
    I think you made a good choice. Ride is going to be very nice compared to the other two.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234