Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    My Tracker 175 does great in rough water for an aluminum boat that size.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    The only thing I see as a possible advantage on the Tracker is the 150 HP as opposed to a 115. The overall quality on the Ranger is superior, it appears to be much better equipped, and resale value on Trackers is lousy. This would be a no-brainer for me.
    More good reasons. And regarding the wood debate. . The Trackers have wood. Wood will rot...plain and simple.

I think they are the only aluminum manufacturer and maybe ANY boat manufacturer left that puts wood in the bass boat. There may be one more I think.

I thought the poster might not know so I brought it up... say what you want --- it has wood and if it is in the Tracker I figure it is just cheaper...plain and simple
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncbass View Post
    Where did you get that the 195 is a foot longer? the 195 is 18'7" vs 18'10" for a new 188p...i'd stick with Ranger
    Thanks! It's not a 188P, regular RT188 with a pad hull.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    More good reasons. And regarding the wood debate. . The Trackers have wood. Wood will rot...plain and simple.

I think they are the only aluminum manufacturer and maybe ANY boat manufacturer left that puts wood in the bass boat. There may be one more I think.

I thought the poster might not know so I brought it up... say what you want --- it has wood and if it is in the Tracker I figure it is just cheaper...plain and simple
    I knew about the wood vs. aluminum decking. And...even though the tracker does have the vinyl flooring, one of the posters was spot on....lots of areas where it was bubbling and looked like it was applied over something causing some bumps. I even asked if it was manufacturer flooring or put on by the owner. It was manufacturer flooring. :( Really the flooring and the crappy looking welds steered me clear. I put a deposit on the Ranger this morning.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AB7R View Post
    Thanks! It's not a 188P, regular RT188 with a pad hull.
    They only make RT188; RT188C; and RT188P....'P' model being only one with pad hull.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    They only make RT188; RT188C; and RT188P....'P' model being only one with pad hull.
    Not true Mike. My local dealer has been ordering their rt188's with pad hulls and they are not 188P's.

7. Member
    Thanks my friend.

Greg

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman90 View Post
    Honestly it's a wash the tracker has the motor the ranger has the electronics and trolling motor. Yes the vinyl in the trackers is notorious for coming up. Good thing is some contact cement will fix that easily. You will easily spend close to that 4k upgrading trolling motor and graphs on the tracker to what is on the ranger. The ranger is max 115 hp. Should be about a 10 mph difference between the boats. I think I would buy the tracker save the 4k and then buy used graphs from a guy that feels that he has to buy new graphs every year or two to be able to catch a little green fish and save a shit load of money off the cost of new.

You could also get the 18' vexus with basic electronics and trolling motor for pretty much the same price range. Even the 19 footer is going to be right there and that is with a 150
    I would love a nexus avx 1960 black widow edition. Right around 46k with the yamaha 150 SHO. Unfortunately the nearest dealer is in Minnesota. About a 20 hr drive.

9. Member
    WOW..WOW..WOW... that is very interesting news. One thing I was hesitant about is the interior layout of the P hull

You are telling me that you do not lose the under the seat storage and that it does not have that ice cooler in front of the console... is that right???. You can order the RT188 which I LOVE.... and they will put the pad hull on it???

Also everybody talks about the 150.. let's say you drive the boat 10 miles to fish....If you have the 150 and do 55MPH....and you have a 115 and do 45MPH.... IF my math is right there is about 2 minutes difference...2 whole minutes. Lots of money for that.

Also it has so much to do with the size of the water you fish. Most of the water I fish is less than 10,000 acres....really about 500 to 7000 acres. The 7000 acre lake is about 8 miles from ramp to the farther end. The 188 and the 115 is perfect. If I drove 50 miles one way on the water to fish, I might reconsider. I don't need a 150...
    Last edited by FloridaFlyer; 07-08-2021 at 10:37 PM.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

10. Banned

Lund still uses wood. And people have no problem lining up to buy those. People just have alot of hate for trackers.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    'The price OTD on the 188 is 38K. Prices are rediculous!!! I think I am better off with spending the extra 4K for the Ranger. What do you all think?'

For that Price your better off buying a Vexus 1880.
    Closest dealer to Idaho is MN. :(

12. Member
    WOW..WOW..WOW... that is very interesting news. One thing I was hesitant about is the interior layout of the P hull

You are telling me that you do not lose the under the seat storage and that it does not have that ice cooler in front of the console... is that right???. You can order the RT188 which I LOVE.... and they will put the pad hull on it???

Also everybody talks about the 150.. let's say you drive the boat 10 miles to fish....If you have the 150 and do 55MPH....and you have a 115 and do 45MPH.... IF my math is right there is about 2 minutes difference...2 whole minutes. Lots of money for that.

Also it has so much to do with the size of the water you fish. Most of the water I fish is less than 10,000 acres....really about 500 to 7000 acres. The 7000 acre lake is about 8 miles from ramp to the farther end. The 188 and the 115 is perfect. If I drove 50 miles one way on the water to fish, I might reconsider. I don't need a 150...
    Exactly. This has the storage under the seats, no ice chest of bow console. Does have the pad. I am not a speed person and only go out in reasonable weather. I plan to take things easy to hopefully avoid cracks.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman90 View Post
    Lund still uses wood. And people have no problem lining up to buy those. People just have alot of hate for trackers.
    My boat I just renovated is 19 years old (Fisher Pro Hawk 180). It's primarily wood decking (approx 70/30) and not ONE piece had ANY rot. I also have a '93Tracker Classic 17, same with it. I love it when people make definitive statements as they, apparently, know it all.... amazing.

14. Member
    I bought a RT188C this May. It came with pop up cleats, hydraulic steering, a storage bin in front of the driver console, and a stepped transom. I don't know if the bottom shape of the "pad" hull is different or not.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KMariano View Post
    I bought a RT188C this May. It came with pop up cleats, hydraulic steering, a storage bin in front of the driver console, and a stepped transom. I don't know if the bottom shape of the "pad" hull is different or not.
    I believe ranger is possibly using the same hull as the trackers now from what little I've seen online about them at least when it comes to the non pad hulled rangers.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    My boat I just renovated is 19 years old (Fisher Pro Hawk 180). It's primarily wood decking (approx 70/30) and not ONE piece had ANY rot. I also have a '93Tracker Classic 17, same with it. I love it when people make definitive statements as they, apparently, know it all.... amazing.
    Agree. Alot of folks out there let what they read,hear and think what others want them to say dictate what they do without any true experience. Can wood rot? Yes. Is it the death wish everyone thinks it is? No. I say at the end of the day being in the boat you can truly afford is most important

17. Member

As long as you can pass the guy with the 115hp and get to your spot first that's all that really matters.

18. Banned
    You should just be a walking advertisment for Polarkraft. Everything is "great" lol

Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    My Polarkraft TX195 Pro has a hull VERY similar to the Tracker Revolution Hull that's on the Tracker 195, and it handles rougher water GREAT!!! ( I run Lake Erie!)
    below is a picture off the web of the Polarkraft 195 hull from bow. Notice the deeper deadrise in the bow. Cuts through 3 ft'ers like my fiberglass Champion I owned! i owned an Xpress, and they are not good in rougher water!

Attachment 457946

19. Member
    Just food for thought... We are selling a Caymas CX18 S for $35,795. It has a Merc 115 Pro XS. Edge 70 trolling motor and and 2 bank charger.
    Brad Krone

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    Just food for thought... We are selling a Caymas CX18 S for $35,795. It has a Merc 115 Pro XS. Edge 70 trolling motor and and 2 bank charger.
    That's a small motor for that boat isn't it?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast