Thread: Keel Shield

Keel Shield

For guys with AVX boats with Keel Shields, were they factory or dealer installed or installed by you? If not installed at the factory or dealer, does it effect the hull/paint warranty? Haven't checked with my dealer yet. Figured I'd ask here first.

I installed mine my self. LOOKS FANTASTIC.

Not sure why it would affect the paint. Once on its not ever coming off.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1082246
    Last edited by ifishinxs; 07-07-2021 at 07:32 PM.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmess View Post
    For guys with AVX boats with Keel Shields, were they factory or dealer installed or installed by you? If not installed at the factory or dealer, does it effect the hull/paint warranty? Haven't checked with my dealer yet. Figured I'd ask here first.
    I installed mine myself. I only scuffed the paint real good however not to bare metal, so if the paint started to peel in the area of the install that still shows a problem with the original paint job not adhering to aluminum properly. However I do not think you will have any issues if you do a good prep job. As ifishinxs stated once you stick that thing, it going to be VERY HARD to get off "if you even can get it off."

I have installed mine myself too. Looks great as others have said. Just take your time and get someone to help.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

5. Member
    My dealer installed mine.... I asked that they run a bead of 3M 5200 silicone around the edges.... run it for 4 months, so far so good..... Since Vexus is so wishy washy about the Keelshield, I hope no one has to make a claim....
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force - 36v
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries