Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Getting another boat

Well guys its been fun but I am swapping out my Bullet for another boat, really love this Bullet but I need more room up front, I am just too old and clumsy anymore. I am going to give Caymas a try, they have found me a 300R and are building my boat the fist week of September. Really going to miss driving the Bullet, such a rush the way it handles, will be keeping up with all you guys, thanks for all the tips over the past couple years.

2. Member
    Bullet needs a wider front deck model in a bad way.

3. Member
    The Caymas is a beautiful boat, heard nothing but great things about them. I know exactly what you mean, I'm getting older and simply getting out of my drivers seat in my 20xdc can be a challenge. No fun getting old!! Good luck happykamper, wish you all the best!! I know you will enjoy that Caymas, and I'm sure you will miss the Bullet. Once in the Bullet family, always in the family, no matter what boat you own.

4. Member
    Thanks guys, I will always be a fan of Bullet, sexiest boat on the water Imo.

I hate that it didn’t work out for you, Roger. That Bullet of yours is one beautiful boat!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

6. Member
    Good luck with the new boat
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

Hey Roger, what year is your Bullet again? How many hours on it?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    Hey Roger, what year is your Bullet again? How many hours on it?
    2020, I think it has close to 120 hours, I will have had it for 2 years in September.

Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    2020, I think it has close to 120 hours, I will have had it for 2 years in September.
    It sure is sweet!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leebob View Post
    Bullet needs a wider front deck model in a bad way.
    That, and a flat surface to mount a trolling motor!

2 of the 3 reasons my next boat likely won't be another Bullet. #3 is...I fall into the "getting older, getting fatter, getting clumsier" group!

11. Member
    I’m not sure but if you make a wider model then you add weight then you are right back down to a cookie cutter. Another me too. When you buy a Ferrari or some other exotic sports car you don’t expect it to set up high off the ground. Or you don’t expect those kind of cars to ride like a Rolls Royce. Just not Bullets thing. I was told they are making all the boats they can make now.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

12. Member
    Keep your Bullet!! more space up front would be nice, but I LOVE my Bullet!!!!!

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    I’m not sure but if you make a wider model then you add weight then you are right back down to a cookie cutter. Another me too. When you buy a Ferrari or some other exotic sports car you don’t expect it to set up high off the ground. Or you don’t expect those kind of cars to ride like a Rolls Royce. Just not Bullets thing. I was told they are making all the boats they can make now.
    The problem is the cookie cutter hulls are running with the new style Bullets(XRS) now loaded to fish. Not really faster, but close enough. I would like to see a better fishing model, based off the XRS deck with a wider deck
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad2002xrd View Post
    The problem is the cookie cutter hulls are running with the new style Bullets(XRS) now loaded to fish. Not really faster, but close enough. I would like to see a better fishing model, based off the XRS deck with a wider deck
    Exactly, with the Bullet styling and quality we all appreciate!!

15. Member
    what cookie cutter will run with a XRS?

16. Member
    I would bet a better fishing model would be the top seller even if it was slower, just like the XRS is now.

17. Member
    You need to fill me in on this , I am running over 80 w/2 87 solo what cookie cutter is doing that? I am not around a lot of different brands.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

I guess the question is why would you want a Bullet that is like the cookie cutters? Bullets are cool and unique because they are not like the cookie cutters. But a boat company does have to choose. Triton came out with the light hulls in the 90s-early 2000s that were pretty damn fast. Especially lightly loaded (no sh*t huh?). But they had to go heavy and wide because all the Ranger customers that switched didn’t know how or didn’t care to drive something that walked a bit. They saw those customers returning and they had to make a move. The result is the Triton you have today. They went back to being a cookie cutter. So maybe the money is in the wide heavy boats. Maybe that’s why Bullet is very widely spoken of and the way I see it highly respected. They are not the same and never have been. I think listening to the customers and making boats that are more “fishable” was a goal of Bullet and I think they did it. But they are not for everyone.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

19. Member
    I'll be 58 Tuesday and I LOVE to go FAST in my Bullet!!, not as nimble as I was before, but comes with the territory

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    I'll be 58 Tuesday and I LOVE to go FAST in my Bullet!!, not as nimble as I was before, but comes with the territory
    I know exactly what you mean. I turn 61 in SEP but just ordered my 4th Bullet.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast