Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOD View Post
    Just waiting on my 23XRD with the old stripe and 400R
    I'm in...

Quote Originally Posted by kybluebullet View Post
    I'm in...
    Me too! I could go for that combo in a heartbeat!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    You need to fill me in on this , I am running over 80 w/2 87 solo what cookie cutter is doing that? I am not around a lot of different brands.

Not stirring the pot but my Bass Cat Eyra with a 300R will hit 89+ solo with tournament load ( I have never ran it unloaded) and I have seen 85.1 with a partner and full live wells. I come on the Bullet sight a lot because of all the valuable advise you guys have and a lot of you run 300R's.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    Not stirring the pot but my Bass Cat Eyra with a 300R will hit 89+ solo with tournament load ( I have never ran it unloaded) and I have seen 85.1 with a partner and full live wells. I come on the Bullet sight a lot because of all the valuable advise you guys have and a lot of you run 300R's.
    I wouldn’t call basscat a cookie cutter boat, personally. I ran 80 plus in my basscat lynx when I had it. Great boats and excellent customer service. I actually looked hard at the eyra with 300 before I bought my current boat and just decided against it.

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    If I hadn't been worried about the wait time, I would have ordered an Erya over my XRS. My XRS is a better looking boat but you don't gain anything else.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    If I hadn't been worried about the wait time, I would have ordered an Erya over my XRS. My XRS is a better looking boat but you don't gain anything else.
    I totally concur but I do not like the console in the Bullet......they are beautiful but I can not stand to have the electronics hanging off the side one the console. If they would redesign and make everything fit I would seriously consider a change. And platform for a level trolling motor. But the details and rep the bullets have speak for them selfs. Awesome and fast boats!!!!

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

7. Member
    Awesome numbers I wasn't aware other brands were running that high , but in fairness your boat is a 20 footer I think a SST with a 300 with a driver that can drive would be over 100 solo if you consider that close then I am good with that
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    Awesome numbers I wasn't aware other brands were running that high , but in fairness your boat is a 20 footer I think a SST with a 300 with a driver that can drive would be over 100 solo if you consider that close then I am good with that
    i concur but will also throw out the hull weight....you may have a couple feet in length but you are also very light or close to 400 pounds lighter than the Eyra dry. My numbers are with a tournament load and set up. Triple digits on the SST are light and a hell of a driver. Never ran mine with no weight. Do I think I can hang?...HELL NO!!!! You have a boat designed to go fast and I have one that is in the middle and set up to hang with most of them out there. I get my feelings hurt every now and then and it is only by the go fast three.......you know who you are.

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

9. Member
    i concur but will also throw out the hull weight....you may have a couple feet in length but you are also very light or close to 400 pounds lighter than the Eyra dry. My numbers are with a tournament load and set up. Triple digits on the SST are light and a hell of a driver. Never ran mine with no weight. Do I think I can hang?...HELL NO!!!! You have a boat designed to go fast and I have one that is in the middle and set up to hang with most of them out there. I get my feelings hurt every now and then and it is only by the go fast three.......you know who you are.
    My 20’2” bullet runs 100 2 guys loaded to fish, that’s tournament morning, Full tank of gas, I’m 250lbs and my partner is 220.

i got a 21SDC on order with a 300R. Give me time and I’m positive I’ll be running over 90 loaded.

10. Member
    SDC is 1380 lbs and the Eyra is 1700. 300 pounds makes a difference and when you add in the performance Bullet puts in the hull the set back you can run, the fact that my hull is tuned to run below 90....no I can not hang...lol All I was saying was that there are a few on the main stream boats that can hang...not out run but hang. I have only been out run by the top three performance boats and have passed a few......maybe by their choice,,,lol In the end Bullets rock but need to up date a few things..ie..the dash and al lot more folks would interested.

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

11. Member
    SDC is 1380 lbs and the Eyra is 1700. 300 pounds makes a difference and when you add in the performance Bullet puts in the hull the set back you can run, the fact that my hull is tuned to run below 90....no I can not hang...lol All I was saying was that there are a few on the main stream boats that can hang...not out run but hang. I have only been out run by the top three performance boats and have passed a few......maybe by their choice,,,lol In the end Bullets rock but need to up date a few things..ie..the dash and al lot more folks would interested.
    Length of boat will affect speed more then weight. Further out you put the weight, harder it is to lift.

But yeah i get what your saying, I'm probably just a bit hyper sensitive to the subject because i hear stuff like that all the time at the boat ramp or weigh in. I just don't feel its comparing apples to apples

Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    yeah I wanted your boat something bad, then it wasn’t looking good so I thought I was getting happykampers boat then complications came up with that one also and I got discouraged. Bullets that are in the range that I was looking for are few and far between. So I talked it over with the wife and just decided to payed the extra to get a brand new one.

This ones gonna be crazy loaded, I got a HDS 16 live and a garmin 12 with livescope on a boat logix mounts on the front, 2 HDS 12s live at the wheel with boat logix mount, all lithium batteries, Lowrance ghosts, twin power pole blades on hydrilla gear mounts, power pole charger, 14” bobs hydraulic jack plate,

I also got them to add a sea star power steering assist.
    What made you decide against getting Active Target on the HDS Live and ditching the Garmin and livescope? Seems like a smoother setup and all the same network.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    What made you decide against getting Active Target on the HDS Live and ditching the Garmin and livescope? Seems like a smoother setup and all the same network.
    I feel like the livescope is slightly better, the livescope has a bigger field of view and slightly clearer.

Also a echomap 122SV is cheaper then a 12 Live.

Also according to the garmin rep garmin is coming out with something even better in March.
    Last edited by hyperflow; 08-02-2021 at 06:50 AM.

14. Member
    Bullets rock but need to up date a few things..ie..the dash and al lot more folks would interested.
    I don't think Bullet needs a lot more people interested look around you can't find many for sale , Basscats are a dime a dozen I think they need more people interested , look in the boats for sale section.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

15. Member
    Let’s all go to Bass Cats site and criticize their cookie cutters.

16. Member
    Why would a hull be "tuned" to run below 90?
    Wakinvol
    I used to be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard Bullet21XD View Post
    This should be good. :)
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard Bullet21XD View Post
    Dang I never criticized a Bullet boat. I simply stated something that I would like changed before I would buy one. I should not have said more people. I also stated that they are great boats and my Bass Cat could not compete with a Bullet.

Please don’t put words in my mouth or think that I would ever criticize something that someone else has worked hard to put in there garage.

I come to the Bullet forum because there are many more with experience running the 300R. I also get to offer a little experience also. Did not mean to ruffle feathers.

Humble but proud BCB owner trying to get as much info as I can.

Elwood
    Last edited by Elwood; 08-02-2021 at 01:38 PM.

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

19. Member
    I for one didn’t take any of Elwood’s posts as negative towards our Bullets. Not at all.
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

20. Member
    Since this post has now turned into us talking about our boat’s performance numbers. I am proud to say that my stock layout SDC with a stock out of the box prop hit 92MPH last week. Air temp was mid 90s and 100% humidity. That’s the good….the bad is that i wasn’t driving it, Steve Bishop was.
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast