Thread: Seaguide guides

Seaguide guides

Looking for feedback from anyone using Seaguides on their builds. SS or Titanium frames.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

2. Goby King
    They're nice looking guides. I don't know what suppliers sell them though.

3. Member
    www.rodbuilderswarehouse.com sells all things Seaguide. Good stuff. You do know there is a site that has virtually all the players in one place and they have successful rodbuilders and tournament anglers giving free and unfettered rodbuilding info 24/7 right? The archives will give you information on virtually all types/styles of rods in one spot, and it has an unprecedented library of articles on all sorts of rod construction techniques.
    Last edited by Spoonplugger1; 07-07-2021 at 09:24 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonplugger1 View Post
    www.rodbuilderswarehouse.com sells all things Seaguide. Good stuff. You do know there is a site that has virtually all the players in one place and they have successful rodbuilders and tournament anglers giving free and unfettered rodbuilding info 24/7 right? The archives will give you information on virtually all types/styles of rods in one spot, and it has an unprecedented library of articles on all sorts of rod construction techniques.
    I have a cart full on rodbuilderswarehouse right now, and have handled the seaguides in the local tackle store that sells rod building components/supplies. I actually have a complete seaguide guide set currently awaiting wrapping on a MB709.

I am a member and have posted a few times on the site you are referencing. Just dropping a note here for additional feedback.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

5. Member
    You are going to love that MB 709. I have a rod I built on the 709 IM and love it for flipping and pitching. The slower action really breeds confidence when you have a big fish at the boat. Love that rod.

6. Member
    Since the first flipping stick made on S glass blanks, the flipping stick has always supposed to has been a more moderate action than you have seen in the rod racks, some have built the correct blanks, but few used them, after all all bass rods have to be fast actioned except crankbait sticks. It's not, true and never has been, but that is the difference between rods built to catch the angler and those built to catch fish.

7. Member
    I think it depends on what you want out of a flipping stick as to what action is better. I have two rods that I built that I use for flipping and pitching. One is on a Rainshadow Immortal IMMC72MH blank, and the other is built on an NFC MB 709 IM blank. I did CCS tests on both rods and their IP are within 34 grams of each other, so they're pretty close in power, with the Immortal blank being more powerful. The AA on the Immortal blank is 75. The AA on the NFC blank is 69. The Immortal blank is listed as fast action. The NFC blank is listed as a moderate fast action.

If my primary concern is moving a fish on the hook set, I go with the rod built on the Immortal. If I want more confidence when having a big fish, boat side, then it's the rod built on the NFC blank.