Pro160 Bow mount trolling motor install

Hey guys,
    I'm trying to replace my Edge that came with the boat for a Terrova. In looking at the setup, none of the holes match up and it's completely different. I have mount the Terrova much closer to the nose of the boat. I've taken the front panel off and pulled the carpet back to get access underneath for the bolts. There's no way I can get my arm that far to the front of the boat with the small gap that is left to get under the front deck to hold the nuts for the bolts that need to go in.
    Any ideas/experiences/suggestions on how to overcome this?

Cut the access hole larger so you can get your arm in if you want to use a nut/washer. I did that with a PT 170 TX.

The alternative is the Motor Guide Isolator bolts that don't require a nut/washer.
    MOTORGUIDE Mounting Isolator Bolts 4-Pack | West Marine
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Have you or are you planning at any point to install a recessed foot pedal tray for the trolling motor foot control pedal? I found the installation of the Terrova on my Classic XL (Pro 170 hull) was facilitated due to the foot pedal tray cutout allowing full 100% access beneath the deck in the bow area all the way up to the very front of the boat.

If this mod is not in your plans for the future, as mentioned, you may have to cut out the access a little more to allow better access under there. I would suggest siliconing or putting 5200 on the washers and nuts to keep them from separating and falling beneath the deck while attempting to slip them onto the bolts.

Also a 7/16 racheting combo wrench is money in this situation. It will help turn those locking nuts easier once they are threaded on.

One more thing, the above suggestion is good, but whatever you do, do not use those Motorguide isolator bolts set. I almost went this route but found they have received many negative reviews stating that the plastic mounts break and causes more issues than resolutions. Stick to the OE mounting hardware, and while yeah it will require getting your hands dirty to install properly and will be the suck, 80lb of thrust is a lot of torque being applied to the front. You want to make sure whatever you install will be on there problem free.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeboating View Post
    Have you or are you planning at any point to install a recessed foot pedal tray for the trolling motor foot control pedal? I found the installation of the Terrova on my Classic XL (Pro 170 hull) was facilitated due to the foot pedal tray cutout allowing full 100% access beneath the deck in the bow area all the way up to the very front of the boat.

If this mod is not in your plans for the future, as mentioned, you may have to cut out the access a little more to allow better access under there. I would suggest siliconing or putting 5200 on the washers and nuts to keep them from separating and falling beneath the deck while attempting to slip them onto the bolts.

Also a 7/16 racheting combo wrench is money in this situation. It will help turn those locking nuts easier once they are threaded on.

One more thing, the above suggestion is good, but whatever you do, do not use those Motorguide isolator bolts set. I almost went this route but found they have received many negative reviews stating that the plastic mounts break and causes more issues than resolutions. Stick to the OE mounting hardware, and while yeah it will require getting your hands dirty to install properly and will be the suck, 80lb of thrust is a lot of torque being applied to the front. You want to make sure whatever you install will be on there problem free.
    My Tracker came with the Motor Guide Isolators installed for the standard Motor Guide bow motor. When I changed motors, I still used the isolators to take up hole space in the deck, but cut the threaded inserts off and used a large washer and lock nut.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL