Your local harley dealer

are they selling at MSRP or less or more? I can't believe Laconia HD wanting 2k over not to mention over priced fees
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

2. Member
    The pandemic has made dealers complete predators at times. ( not just bikes). That's trickled down to the used bike market. Big number of new bikes going by my house this year. If you got a model in mind you gotta really look around. Dealers I looked at had nothing in stock.
    I polished up my old ninja Sunday and parked it on the sidewalk. Drank beer and watched the rubberneckin. Might get a for sale sign next time and see what kind of crazy # I can get. This is a dirt bike racing weekend so 100+ toyhaulers will go by ( twice) The dads driving might want their own toy...
    Remember the days when you saved pennies to buy a bike?? You needed some reliable transportation cheap. You bought gas with a bunch of scrunched up dollar bills jammed in your jean pockets. Maybe some change too.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

They all seem to be high during riding season. Best time to buy is November/December.
    If you have to get one now then try Cape Cod Harley. Was there a week ago and they had good stock. High Octane usually has good stock but high pressure sales and I'm sure they are loaded with fees as well. Monty's in West Bridgewater had hardly anything at all so don't waste your time. Precision in RI usually has some stock but prices are usually up there too , but if they have what you want who knows ?
    If your looking for something specific let me know and I'll keep my eyes open. I always stop at the dealers...

4. Member
    If you post what your looking for I can see here in N.Y.. Got 2 big dealers nearby.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

5. Member
    I was looking for a road glide special snake venom/chrome , not a huge fan of the black out but going to see one in Vermont next week they will sell for msrp + $1035 for freight and setup,they don't have a chrome version, the problem with buying in November and December turns out to be no bikes left as new models come out in January now no more August roll out . I am pretty disgusted at most dealers trying to over charge everything, Laconia, Seacost, Boston, all are 3-4 k over the Vermont dealer and 1k less on trade in. Thats close to a 5k beating for nothing extra other than the honor to buy a bike from them.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

6. Member
    My local dealer is pricing 2-3K over MSRP on new bikes. Used bikes are listed well above what the market was 8 months ago and where they previously didn't carry used bikes older than 2014 they now seem to be going back to 2005 models. Two dealers in this area, both owned by the same operation. Next closest dealer is 100 miles away.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    I was looking for a road glide special snake venom/chrome , not a huge fan of the black out but going to see one in Vermont next week they will sell for msrp + $1035 for freight and setup,they don't have a chrome version, the problem with buying in November and December turns out to be no bikes left as new models come out in January now no more August roll out . I am pretty disgusted at most dealers trying to over charge everything, Laconia, Seacost, Boston, all are 3-4 k over the Vermont dealer and 1k less on trade in. Thats close to a 5k beating for nothing extra other than the honor to buy a bike from them.
    I've seen one in person but i think the snake venom looks good. Post pics if you get it.

Cape Cod Harley had three in the snake venom color. A street glide, a Road Glide and I don't recall what the third one was..