Replacing Power Pole bushings

My dealer recommended that I have the bushings replaced. The bushings are covered under warranty but the labor is not covered by PP. My question is it pretty easy to replace them? Labor is $130 an hour and if I can save myself a couple hundred dollars I will. If its not that big of a pain. My dealer said it's not terrible. Thanks
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

It's pretty simple to do, but shouldn't have to be done unless you never tightened the bottom two pivot points. The rest are only supposed to be a half thread past the nylock on the nut.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    It's pretty simple to do, but shouldn't have to be done unless you never tightened the bottom two pivot points. The rest are only supposed to be a half thread past the nylock on the nut.
    I have tightened them, but not as diligently as I should have. Thanks
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    super easy do it yourself.

5. Member
    Piece of cake to do. In fact if ya contact PP they will more than likely send you the kit to your house. Dont pay someone 130.00 to do a hours worth of work. Nilon bushings will wear out over time. There is no torque measurement to be used. They will tell you hand tight, hinge areas to move freely without gaps. That is what they told me at least.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    super easy do it yourself.
    Thanks. That's the route I'm going to take.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fynns View Post
    Piece of cake to do. In fact if ya contact PP they will more than likely send you the kit to your house. Dont pay someone 130.00 to do a hours worth of work. Nilon bushings will wear out over time. There is no torque measurement to be used. They will tell you hand tight, hinge areas to move freely without gaps. That is what they told me at least.
    I'm going to to it myself. My dealer is getting them and I'll just pick them up and replace them myself.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

8. Member
    I just rebuilt both of my poles. The kits were $49.00 each and it was an easy job. My poles were not taken care of properly by the previous owner, and that caused me to buy a replacement rail for the port side. The bushing holes were wallowed out. I took the opportunity to disassemble my poles completely and clean them up. They look and feel brand new. Rebuilt the pumps also. I have to give a big shout out to T. Marks at JL Marine. Awesome knowledge, service and response.

9. Member
    I can say this.everyone’s eye aren’t the same.so I feel that JL MARINE should have color coded each bushing for the each area that needs to be replaced or rebuilt.some look the same.