Made the jump to vexus

Sold the ranger which is a great boat and bought a vx-21 pick up next week sometime.

2. Member
    Congrats! I sold my Ranger in January and am taking my VX21 out in the morning for its maiden voyage, hoping everything goes well lol….coming out of a Z521c and I can tell you the amount of storage in the VX21 is insane!!
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

Please don’t tell me how good the ride is and how well it handles! Every time I see one, I want to up grade for no other reason than
    the VX 20 and 21 are just Bitchin! Rides!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    Let us know how it goes good and the bad if there is any.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter A View Post
    Let us know how it goes good and the bad if there is any.
    The good:

1. I just thought my Rangers rode good in rough water. (Sorry Robert )

2. Spent the better part of the day starting to breaking it in, after the first 2 hours, I started to get in it a little more and around the 6 hour mark I gave it the juice and at one point I hit 74.3. Tourney loaded, empty live wells and about a quarter tank of fuel. Pleasantly surprised with that!

3. The front deck…feels like your fishing off a aircraft carrier

4.The Mercury Pro XS (300) is a beast. Super responsive in the mid range and just plain sounds mean.

5. Did I mention how well it rides?

6. The sea deck material is super nice, wish it was a option to have it everywhere and eliminate the carpet all together. Time will tell how well it holds up to use tho.

The bad…

1. For the kind of money we spend on these boats you would think they could put a decent battery in them. Started fishing around 5:15 and at 6:28 my live scope shut off due to low voltage (battery’s read 100% charged this morning before I left). Checked the PP charge app and it showed 11.3V, the GARMIN graphs were showing 10.8V. I thought the Charge was supposed to keep this from happening to the cranking battery but every time I would stop running to fish, it would take about 10-15 minutes to get the low voltage alarms again. Maybe I just got a bad battery? Maybe the PP Charge isn’t working correctly? I have some investigating to do.

2. Personal preference here but the Force pedal sits to low in the recess for me. I found myself having to squat down a little when I would have to push it down on the heel side of my foot. I’ll be ordering a 1” riser from AMP.

3. The trolling motor “dips” under the bow of the boat. I had seen this in pics and ordered a 5 degree wedge from AMP and installed it last week and it helped get it at least close to level.

4. The boat lists to the starboard side pretty good with just me in it. I’m 6’2” and 260, maybe I need to diet? I have all my tackle in the port side rear compartment and it didn’t help.

5. My bilge pump ran often today. Idk if the plug didn’t seat correctly or if it’s leaking around the hole they made in the bottom of the step to run the transducer wire thru…yes, you read that right, I’ve never seen this done before and if I had it to do all over again I wouldn’t of had the factory put the transducers in and would of put it on a transducer shield saver on the jack plate. My next outing, I’ll tap on the plug like I had to do with my Ranger and report back if it’s still taking on water or not.

Overall, i’m impressed with the boat and would do it all over again in a heart beat. All of the “bad” things are fixable….I think lol

You’ll have to let’s us know you thoughts when you get yours out!

PS, Robert…my force anchor lock worked a lot better than it used to on my Ranger. It did still move backwards some but it didn’t hunt near as much and I didn’t think the backup was excessive at all. Hope they get yours figured out
    Last edited by Koma; 06-26-2023 at 12:23 PM.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by KomatoVX21 View Post

5. My bilge pump ran often today. Idk if the plug didn’t seat correctly or if it’s leaking around the hole they made in the bottom of the step to run the transducer wire thru…yes, you read that right, I’ve never seen this done before and if I had it to do all over again I wouldn’t of had the factory put the transducers in and would of put it on a transducer shield saver on the jack plate. My next outing, I’ll tap on the plug like I had to do with my Ranger and report back if it’s still taking on water or not.
    I have to reach under and push my plug the last little bit to get it to seat in all the way. A little aggravating, but at the same time I would rather it be a little tight. Also check your o-ring to make sure it's not compromised.
    2021 Vexus VX20, Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorz View Post
    I have to reach under and push my plug the last little bit to get it to seat in all the way. A little aggravating, but at the same time I would rather it be a little tight. Also check your o-ring to make sure it's not compromised.

Yes sir, that's what I had to do with my Ranger also

8. Member
    My DVX-20 took on water as well. Originally bilge pump would run about every 20 minutes.

Mulitiple issues:

Leaked through the thru hull wire fitting for sidescane transducer.
    Boat had to go back to Vexus for other issue so the transducer wires were resealed at that time.

Have to push in on the drain plug to get it to seat fully.

After that the bilge would still come on about once an hour.

Boat went back to dealer for post break in maintenance and they hopefully fixed the last leak source.
    They found that the drain plug housing did not have any sealant around it at all.

Going on trip to Minnesota this weekend so hope it is fixed and the pump wont cycle all the time anymore.
    Last edited by Enduro67; 07-06-2021 at 03:04 PM.

9. Member
    Vx-21 ran good 68 two people full tank all my stuff. Fishes great not to big easy to drive really have no complaint as for the drain plug use vacuum grease or Vaseline on the o’ring keep it clean and it will work every time load and unloads no effort at all. Only complaint it sets up to high on trailer to grab something out of in the garage.over all it’s a great boat get one and enjoy it