PBC Director for 37 years stepping down.

Today is the day I have been trying to put off forever. Today is the day for me to announce that at the end of this year, 2021, I will step aside as director of the Piedmont Bass Classics Tournament Trails. The PBC 'Cashion Rods Year End Bass Brawl' Trail will continue thru October and that will be it for me.
    I'm letting all of my anglers know this early so that they can make other plans for tournament fishing next year if need be.
    I want to thank all of our great anglers and sponsors over the 37 years that I've been directing tournaments. Piedmont Crappie Classics (which had 940 some entries in it's 1985 1st of 25 years events.) and Piedmont Bass Classics (which I'm pretty sure introduced the TWT and up to $10,000 Championships for bass tournaments that helped provide the great paybacks you see today in this area.) have accomplished so many things over the years that I was so proud of. I was also proud to have been ask to run the 'Crappiethon' years ago. I have so many friends because of this. I'm seeing babies born 37 years ago to our anglers now fishing tournaments their parents did. Amazing!! I have been so happy and proud to have had ya'll be a part of my life. You will be friends forever.
    My brain tells me to continue but my body is telling me otherwise! I'm 73 now and it's time to step aside and start taking some time to enjoy my family and my favorite things like fishing and golf and maybe do a little travelling!!
    I am hoping that someone will want to continue the PBC tradition. I do have an asking price of $10K if you are interested. If you are serious about this, email me. If you don't have $10K...don't. This offer includes everything needed plus my knowledge to help you keep it going. If no one takes it.....PBC as we know it is done.
    Until the end of the year, things will go on as normal. If anyone opts to take over PBC....I will let you know asap!! It's just time for the 'Old Man' to stand down. I love you all !!!!
    Have a wonderful Independence Day!....take care. Phil

Thanks for all the hard work put in over the years to advance this great sport. Godspeed

It has been an Honor to say I fished your trail !! You set the standard !! Big shoes to fill hope someone wears your size !!! Enjoy the time you have rightfully earned !! You will be missed !!

4. Member
    Wow - That’s pretty big for around here - Best of luck in your next phase Phil!

5. Fishing is a Passion
    True dedication and a love for fishing. Good Luck on the new adventures
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

Gonna miss ol Phil !!!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

7. Mike Lamb
    I hope someone picks it up and runs with it Phil. They would have big shoes to fill.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

The problem I see with someone else doing it is the Sponsor money , if you don’t have those relationships built no sponsor money , no trail ! But time will tell !

9. Member
    I wish other tx directors followed your lead on sponsorship & would have the drive that you have..God bless !!!

10. Member
    Without our sponsors we could not have been so successful......you are right.....they are very important!!