Rod tube removal?

So i have a new 175txw and have been looking at removing the tube to get more rods in there.
    So far i have removed the tubes, and and removed the plastic base the tubes sit in. Now there is a aluminum plate behind this. Im assuming that it is rivited in on the top and the side that is toward the inside of the boat. Is this correct?

2. Member
    Sounds right , I just cut out the middle and cut the plastic holders where the 8' tube are leaving the 3 on each side. Cut the carpet longer than the metal though so it can be wrapped around the sharp metal and glued down. I have about 20 rods in the middle.

I put together a video of removing my rod tubes, hopefully this helps!

2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | 4" Jackplate | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

4. Member
    What I did in my 23 195 is took the tubes out, it's easier to go in under the tm and break them free from the foam. Once tubes are removed take the 3 screws outta the black plastic piece the took a oscillating saw and cut the metal out. Used the cut metal piece as a template and used to cut the plastic piece to the same size. Re screwed the black piece back in to cover the metal. I have about 20 rods in my locker now and 2 8 ft swimbait rods. Also use rod socks as a precaution