This Is How You Start a Holiday Weekend! Redux

Reposting in this forum.

Pan Seared Filets, Penne & Brocolli, Caprese Salad, Fresh Berry Tarts.

Filet: Flaked Kosher Salt, Coarse Ground Pepper and let it sit open in the refrigerator for at least half a day if possible. This helps create a crust when you cook it. Heat an iron skillet (and NO you cannot use any other kind) to medium high and add around 3 Tbsp. of Olive Oil and 1 Tbsp. of unsalted butter. Add minced garlic and a sprig of Rosemary coarsely chopped. Place steaks in the skillet and sear on both sides 2 minutes each. Move to 425 oven to finish. Well Done: 10 minutes (which ruins a perfectly good steak in my opinion); Medium Well: 8 minutes; Medium: 6 minutes; Medium Rare: 4 minutes; Rare: 2 minutes. Wife likes hers Medium Well so I put mine on a plate and put it back in the oven the last 2 minutes.

Penne & Broccoli: 1 Broccoli Floret, 8 oz. Penne, minced garlic, salt & pepper: Boil Pasta, steaming the broccoli at the same time. In large skillet heat olive oil and add garlic. Add pasta and broccoli to the pan and toss. Add salt and pepper. Drizzle with more olive oil if needed.

Caprese Salad: Place Heirloom tomatoes sliced into wedges on plate. Add thinly sliced fresh mozzarella & chopped fresh basil. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar glaze.

Berry tarts: Fresh Strawberries and Blueberries, strawberry glaze, lemon juice. Crust: Butter, graham crackers & bourbon. Melt butter, stir in graham cracker crumbs and add bourbon (enough to make everything stick together) Press into individual glass ramekins. Place in cake pan with 1/2" water and bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Cool. Stir berries, glaze and 1/4 squeezed lemon. Place in crust and chill. Top with whipped cream and a mint leaf (just to make it look cute).

STEAK.jpg BERRY TART.jpg
    2000 Ranger R83
    2000 Evinrude Ficht 150
    MG Trolling Motor
    Garmin ECHOMAP 63cv, Garmin Striker 7 (helm)
    Garmin ECHOMAP 93sv, ECHOMAP 73sv (bow)

"I've got the boat, the rods and reels, the lures . . . now if I could only catch some fish."

Thats a monster filet. Looks amazing