Thread: MBR rods

MBR rods

Question for those in the know. Im in need of a 3/4oz open water Chatterbait rod. I have a 904c MBR I use for 1/2oz swimjigs. Wondering if it can pull double duty. Thoughts?

2. Member
    Following...curious as well

3. Member
    Daiwa ttu731hrb-sb, yes it’s a “swimbait” rod but I’ve also used it for 3/4 oz chatterbaits & spinnerbaits as well as magnum squarebills and deep divers too, loads nicely at 1-1.25oz, very versatile. Not to mention swimbaits up to around 3oz.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassjam2000 View Post
    Daiwa ttu731hrb-sb, yes it’s a “swimbait” rod but I’ve also used it for 3/4 oz chatterbaits & spinnerbaits as well as magnum squarebills and deep divers too, loads nicely at 1-1.25oz, very versatile. Not to mention swimbaits up to around 3oz.
    This has nothing to do with what I asked.

5. Member
    You said “I’m in need of a 3/4oz open water chatterbait rod”, the rod I suggested makes an excellent one, can’t help with the particular the mbr you have but I’m sure it’d be fine, the mbr tapers are excellent for single hook moving baits, or alternatively you could always tie one on and fish with it. Sorry to have ruffled your feathers, good luck.

6. Member
    I have a 904 and it can handle that just fine.
    Geoff Soard

2005 Ranger 521VX - 2012 Yamaha 250 VMax
    1996 Ranger 485V - 2016 Evinrude E-Tec 175

Always buying G. Loomis "Green" NRX, GLX CBRs and others.