I installed FXR cooler lid in my ZXR...........here are a few pix!

I was not a big fan of the older style cooler lid that came on the 2021 ZXRs. I went through too many of them on my ZX boats and had already replaced one on this current 2021 ZXR20. I got the 2021 FXR cooler lid from my Skeeter dealer and installed it myself. Super easy to do. Whole install was less than 30 minutes start to finish. The FXR type are coming stock on the 2022 ZXRs so they fit perfectly. I did have to drill new holes around lip of the cutout as they hole pattern was slightly different but it was easy. Just go slow, set it where you want it, drill hole using new lid frame as a template then install the bolt. Do one on other side of lid to steady the frame. Drill other 4 holes and install bolts.

I am really happy with the results as the new lid is heavier and insulated plus padded on top where you step down. I think the lid matched my seat colors perfectly as well. Part # on the lid assembly is #91202780

(Excuse the dirty boat, it rained on me last trip so been letting it dry out before I detail it back in shape)

2. Member
    Looks nice. I was curious how that was going to work with them opening different directions. I see it now though as they are both built into a frame. How soft is the lid for sitting on as it doesn’t look like you will be able to snap the cushion to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    Looks nice. I was curious how that was going to work with them opening different directions. I see it now though as they are both built into a frame. How soft is the lid for sitting on as it doesn’t look like you will be able to snap the cushion to it.

It's pretty soft. It's a rubberized padding. I like how it is more insulated and heavy duty. I noticed my ZXR has a padded insulation on inside top of cooler which my ZX did not have.

4. Member
    I simply put a piano hinge on my zxr20 cooler. Works great.

Mark, Can't believe you didn't get a yellow boat! Did you buy the new lid at Fun N' Sun? How about the approximate price if you don't mind me asking, and do you have the measurements of the new lid? Do you think it would fit my 2007 ZX?

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Larry View Post
    Mark, Can't believe you didn't get a yellow boat! Did you buy the new lid at Fun N' Sun? How about the approximate price if you don't mind me asking, and do you have the measurements of the new lid? Do you think it would fit my 2007 ZX?

I think the complete lid assembly was $200ish. I did get it at FnS. I do not know if it will fit on your boat. I know they would fit on a 2019 ZX250. The lid is approx: 19x13" and cooler inside frame is appox: 10x12".

7. Member
    1FD4E21F-2CB3-43F1-9131-AF962B4E4980.jpeg
    One of the first mods I made to my ZXR when I picked it up in February! Well worth the money & the seat portion of the lid is actually, very comfy!

8. Moderator
    nice upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinlee1 View Post
    1FD4E21F-2CB3-43F1-9131-AF962B4E4980.jpeg
    One of the first mods I made to my ZXR when I picked it up in February! Well worth the money & the seat portion of the lid is actually, very comfy!

I can see why it's stock on the 2022 ZXRs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I think the complete lid assembly was $200ish. I did get it at FnS. I do not know if it will fit on your boat. I know they would fit on a 2019 ZX250. The lid is approx: 19x13" and cooler inside frame is appox: 10x12".
    Mark, Thanks for the reply and the measurements. I'll do some checking and see if it will fit. I'll post the results.

11. Member
    I have a 2021 ZXR20 identical color. I was concerned about the original cooler lid being too slippery when wet. Also the gaps between the seats and the lid almost caused my co-angler to twist his ankle and fall. That's a dangerous setup in my opinion. I'd like to do what you did. When you ordered the new seat, did it include everything needed for the installation? If not, what will I need to purchase in addition to the seat? Thanks. You did a great job on your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by DSN897 View Post
    I have a 2021 ZXR20 identical color. I was concerned about the original cooler lid being too slippery when wet. Also the gaps between the seats and the lid almost caused my co-angler to twist his ankle and fall. That's a dangerous setup in my opinion. I'd like to do what you did. When you ordered the new seat, did it include everything needed for the installation? If not, what will I need to purchase in addition to the seat? Thanks. You did a great job on your boat.

Yes sir all is included. You just reuse same screw/bolts on original though.

I will add that after seeing the ones on the 2022 ZXRs which are all black and feel a little more lightweight and flimsierI am glad I grabbed the FXR version. Same size and all but the black/ grey looks better on my boat than the all black would and seems much sturdier than 2022 ZXR version.

13. Member
    I purchased a new FXR ice chest lid from my dealer however when I got it, it was Thomas size as the old one. It left 2-3 inch gaps on either side like the ZXR did. Could you provide me with the part number and the dealer you purchased it from. I may have to go through your dealer. My dealer says they’re all the sam size. But looking at your final pic that’s clearly not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by DSN897 View Post
    I purchased a new FXR ice chest lid from my dealer however when I got it, it was Thomas size as the old one. It left 2-3 inch gaps on either side like the ZXR did. Could you provide me with the part number and the dealer you purchased it from. I may have to go through your dealer. My dealer says they’re all the sam size. But looking at your final pic that’s clearly not the case.

The part # is on my first post. It is Fun N Sun boats.....817-280-0303