Thread: Need help

Need help

Need some help just put 19p tempest plus prop on my boat it’s a Crestliner pt18 with 150 mercury. Now spinning 5700-5800 rpms but never gained and speed still running 48-49. Which is what I was running with a 21p solas lexor prop but only gettin 5200-5300 rpms

2. Banned
    Pitching down will do that sometimes. You will gain rpms, but not necessarily speed. Using 2 different makes/models of prop adds to that.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Your hole shot should be better, is it?

4. Member
    Holeshot should have improved ..and now the engine is running closer to the rpms it is supposed to....which is better for the equipment.

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Have you compared your numbers with the Mercury performance bulletin for your rig? Tin rigs can react odd to a prop change but as has been said, your holeshot should have improved and your RPMs are in the right area now. Motor height maybe?
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    yeah hole shot is better even handles better now. i got jack plate and have messed with that no changes. glad rpms are where they need to be now just wish i could get the performace some of the guys on here are gettin out of the same rig i got