Ranger Deep V aluminums with split welds?

I hate to read the posts about split welds leading to a cracked hull on Ranger RT boats and the hassle the owner has to go through, especially since most of Ranger's fixes don't seem to cure the problem for good.

Of course, being concerned about my boat, I wonder if the VS/VX are subject to the same issue?
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

2. Member
    My buddy has a VX1788wt and we just noticed both sides.of his transom are cracking. The cracks are on the welds and next to them as well as there is some sort of U shape plate that cracked too. You can physically pull on the transom and see the cracks expand and move.

Just saw this over the 4th and he will be calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmc949 View Post
    My buddy has a VX1788wt and we just noticed both sides.of his transom are cracking. The cracks are on the welds and next to them as well as there is some sort of U shape plate that cracked too. You can physically pull on the transom and see the cracks expand and move.

I've seen a couple posts about VX trasoms. The good news is that this is an external weld and covered by the lifetime Ranger Aluminum warranty. https://www.rangerboats.com/content/...20warranty.pdf

Internal welds that causes the hulls to split are apparently only covered for 5 years. As noted in my first post, I've seen many problems reported on cracked hulls caused by internal welds on the RT series but none on the deep v hulls.

I'm planning on keeping my VS for a long time and naturally I'm concerned that I may have this problem one day. Thus, my question.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmc949 View Post

Ouch. What year is his 1788? I heard that the reason they moved all of the Ranger aluminum production to the Lebanon plant in 2020 was due to weld issues at the flippin plant and some parts of these boats including the transom are now robotically welded at the lebanon plant.

5. Member
    We picked it up in MN August of 2020.

6. Member
    Sad to hear that the Ranger reputation for quality is no longer there.