Wiring your Falcon

Does Falcon put tubes in for running wiring in their boats and if not how tough is it to run wires I like to run independent wires for my sonar direct to my power switch instead of a junction at the bow.

2. Banned
    I saw no rigging tubes in the couple "build" videos I've seen. In Brian Latimer's video you can see them basically zip tying the wires up in the top cap before the top cap is joined with the hull. I'd imagine there is enough of a void there to be able to use a wire fish and run your own cables.

3. Member
    No tubes, all wiring going from the console forward is hung with zip ties which makes running your own wire super easy. Get in the rod locker and look up. No tube jammed with wires that you have to try running a fish tape through. You will have to unscrew the toggle switch panel at the console to find the end of the fish tape that you'll run from the battery compartment forward. One of the easiest boats to run your own wires.

4. Member
    Ive ran dedicated power and ethernet in my last two falcons.....not hard to do at all....the hardest part honestly is going from console through switch panel to back of boat....just go to make sure you keep tape straight and up towards side of boat....sometimes it will curl and go into the boat and become a pain.....thats usually the hardest part.....if you want it super easy from console to bow just remove the rod tubes and its wide clyde all the way up.......can run all your wiring and then reach up and zip tie them all up and neat when done and put the rod tubes back in if you want them in. I would highly advise wearing long sleeves and/or gloves if not you will be destroyed with fiberglass and its not fun.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

5. Member
    I've done all the wiring on my boat myself. That's 4 fish finders, a mega 360, and a hydraulic jack plate. In addition, I'm currently repowering to Mercury and I changed out all the controls and engine harnesses myself. Wiring a Falcon is very straightforward and painless. For re-powering, the hardest part was breaking the zip-ties that secure the throttle/shift cables and engine harness in the gunnel. You can't access them so you need to break them by pulling hard. Seeing as I didn't need my Suzuki engine harness anymore I just gave it some hard tugs and snapped the zip ties. This advice came straight from Opie's mouth. It is possible to preserve the harness doing it. Otherwise if you're just putting new wires in you just need a wire snake.

For routing wires to the bow, you can access them from the rod lockers, they are just pushed up the gunnels. Very easy to get something from the driver's rocker switch panel all the way to the bow panel. It will be very hard for me to switch to another brand just based on the ease of installing things on a Falcon.