Thread: 2021 Z19 Pro

2021 Z19 Pro

I have a question about the ignition. When I start the motor the dealer and book says turn key and let it go. The motor will crank or if not it will try again in so many seconds. Well mine starts right up but the key stays in the start position. Stater is no longer activated but if you change gears to neutral it turns off, and it will start on its on. So I started moving it to the run position and it works like it’s supposed to. My question is is this the way it’s supposed to be or does it supposed to go into run position on its own and do I need a new switch? Thanks in advance. By the way I LOVE this boat it’s amazing. Upgraded from a Tracker 175txw

2. Member
    IMO not normal. Might try a little electrical cleaner or wd-40 to clean it out. It that doesn't work plan on replacing it.

3. Member
    I have a 2021 z20 and after starting the motor I have to barely turn it to go back into the run position. It's like it stays stuck in the crank position.

4. Member
    Thank you for replying that is exactly what I have to do. So happy it’s not just me.

5. Member
    Maybe we can spray the key with something before putting it in the key slot to lubricate the inside

6. Member
    Idk all I know is I asked him more than once and he clearly said that’s the way it’s supposed to be so that’s all I know

7. Member
    No it should return run on its own

8. Member
    My 2021 Z19 returns on its own.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

9. Member
    Not normal. Shame on your dealer for telling you it is...
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

10. Member
    FYI. I talked to Bass Pro about my ignition situation and he told me i needed a new ignition. I had to remove the old and take it to them when my new one came in. Well I wanted to get a head start so I removed it and though hey let’s try it. And behold it works. So I got to thinking they must have installed the lock nut to tight. So I reinstalled it and snugged it plus a pill but more and it is working properly. So if you by a new boat and your key does that check out the tightness of the lock nut

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam365 View Post
    FYI. I talked to Bass Pro about my ignition situation and he told me i needed a new ignition. I had to remove the old and take it to them when my new one came in. Well I wanted to get a head start so I removed it and though hey let’s try it. And behold it works. So I got to thinking they must have installed the lock nut to tight. So I reinstalled it and snugged it plus a pill but more and it is working properly. So if you by a new boat and your key does that check out the tightness of the lock nut
    That's how we learn and pass information to everyone else.

Sometimes common sense wins!

12. Member
    Thanks for the info! I will check mine!